Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year's inductees: Rush, Public Enemy, Heart, Randy Newman, Donna Summer and Albert King will all join the class of 2013, with Summer, who passed away this May, and King, who died in 1992, earning the honor posthumously. Lou Adler and Quincy Jones will both receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
So Rush finally got in? That's hilarious. It's only taken twenty years of Rush fans complaining about it.

Quite right Public Enemy are in there. Absolutely brilliant music that really meant something when it was released.

opentune

Platinum Member
Rush eh? finally. I don't think they really care at this point, and they would laugh that Albert King is not yet in either.
Heart on the same ballot as these people?!
Would agree about Public Enemy, arguably as big an impact on a movement as Nirvana.

(on a side note, was interesting to hear Zeppelin members tell Letterman that they have yet to attain the equivalent of the Kennedy Honors in their own homeland.) These awards and honors are allover the place.

larryz

Platinum Member
Rush, Randy Newman great and about friggen time for Donna Summer. She was so much more talented than her counterparts I don't even know where to begin.

I love Heart until late 1970s then...ho hum. Their unsung lead guitarist is the one who should be in the HOF really. Forget his name. But he was a magic man, mama.

Public Enemy? Controversial ok. Not a band or even musicians really...

Boom

Silver Member
I'm in agreement with those that feel strongly that Public Enemy and NWA deserve in. Just sayin'.

So I was glad they got in. And Rush. I never complained but still feel it was overdue.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
The Rock N Roll hall of fame to me is largly a joke,and not really all rock and roll.Madonna....really?

They should call it the Jann Wenner/Dave Marsh favorite music list hall of fame.

Steve B

lsits

Gold Member
If the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was anything but a waste of time I might care that Deep Purple didn't get in.

Aeolian

Platinum Member
If the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was anything but a waste of time I might care that Deep Purple didn't get in.
That is a rock and roll hall of fame band if there ever was one (particularly the MkII version). Ian Paice was the equal of any drummer in rock and roll and better than most.

Otto

Platinum Member
I would like to see RUSH decline.

But they are to polite...consequence of being Canadian, I guess ; )

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
"It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," Rush's singer and bassist, Geddy Lee, tells Rolling Stone. "It made my mom happy, so that's worth it." Lee is especially happy for Rush's army of hardcore fans. "It was a cause they championed," he says. "I'm very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure."

I think this would keep them from declining.

Masheanhed

That is a rock and roll hall of fame band if there ever was one (particularly the MkII version). Ian Paice was the equal of any drummer in rock and roll and better than most.
With the exclusion of Deep Purple, the RRHOF has once again shown they are as relevant to rock and roll as the National Enquirer is to literature.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I won't say PE doesn't deserve it, but much like Guns and Roses, and several others, it's shame so many late 80's bands are getting in while so many 70's greats continue to get snubbed.

But I'm stickler for chronological order.