Related to/friends with a pro drummer?

JT1

Silver Member
Uh, that's our buddy John Mammoser, not Al.

My fave songs, hard to say, I just like playing drums so they're kind of all the same on that level. But there were some particularly standouts from the recent and distant past... Don't You Forget About Meat was fun to play, and Gee I'm A Nerd was fun because I got to be Ringo for that.

Bermuda
Ah my bad sorry i always thought it was AL.

JT1

Silver Member
I had a girlfriend related to Paul Bostaph.
I even got an autographed Testament poster.
Ah that's great, seen Testament live twice now and he is a solid drummer, a really underestimated thrash drummer for sure.

On another note,
I'm not impressed with who people know, i started this thread cause i wanted to know if anyone personally knew their idols rather than had just met them (if that is possible), maybe i should have been clearer in my post.

The Colonel

Silver Member
On another note,
I'm not impressed with who people know, i started this thread cause i wanted to know if anyone personally knew their idols rather than had just met them (if that is possible), maybe i should have been clearer in my post.

Not that much of a difference in the whole cause/effect of the thread's intentions. This is the World Wide Web. Name-dropping = "I'm a dillweed"

...for the most part anyway. I mean, I'm a dillweed anyway - but not because I'm gonna drop that I used to get birthday phone calls every year from ______ (along with getting to hang at their apartment, seeing their old kits, hearing stories about the road/girls/why-drugs-are-bad, etc).

(yeah, aydee - take that *kerblammo*!)

JT1

Silver Member
Not that much of a difference in the whole cause/effect of the thread's intentions. This is the World Wide Web. Name-dropping = "I'm a dillweed"

...for the most part anyway. I mean, I'm a dillweed anyway - but not because I'm gonna drop that I used to get birthday phone calls every year from ______ (along with getting to hang at their apartment, seeing their old kits, hearing stories about the road/girls/why-drugs-are-bad, etc).

(yeah, aydee - take that *kerblammo*!)
Well ok i apologise for starting a thread that encourages name dropping. I just didn't think there was any difference to saying 'i met such and such at a gig a really nice guy/gal and full of advice' to 'i know such and such, a really nice guy/gal and full of advice' but yeah sorry anyways.

FunkyJazzer

I and a few others here know a bunch but it would be really tacky to drop names.

Anyone who tells you how many pros they know just to impress you probably doesn't know any.
You're right, it is really tacky. However, given the nature of this thread, in this particular instance, I don't think it would be. Everyone has been ASKED, and so nobody would be sneakily 'name-dropping', in my opinion. Nobody will judge you as being a "dillweed" (lol) because you wouldn't be name-dropping as such, you would just be answering the question.

No I don't know anybody unfortunately. I wouldn't want to know any pro drummers for any other reason than to learn from them, so I'd have nothing to be ashamed of, or nobody to impress - I wouldn't be boasting about famous people I knew, etc.

Lloyd.