rare yamaha stage custom ive bought

TK-421

Sorry for your cluelessness. Maybe you need to get out more often.
Spurs are spurs and legs are legs.
Oh yeah, just out of curiosity, I searched for "bass drum legs" on the Drum Center of Portsmouth website. You know, since they're clueless and all. You wouldn't believe what turned up!

https://www.drumcenternh.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bass+drum+legs&cat=

So congratulations!!! You're the ONLY one here who isn't clueless! I'm soooo glad you showed me the error of my ways. What could I have possibly been thinking?

Elvis

Silver Member
If I said the sky were blue and you said it was brown, then found a bunch of people to back up your claim, is the sky brown?
Like I said before, spurs are spurs and legs are legs.
Sorry if you don't agree.
...but this is becoming circular and not really serving any purpose.
Let's either get back on subject, or please, just let the thread go away.

Elvis

TK-421

If I said the sky were blue and you said it was brown, then found a bunch of people to back up your claim, is the sky brown?
Like I said before, spurs are spurs and legs are legs.
Sorry if you don't agree.
...but this is becoming circular and not really serving any purpose.
Let's either get back on subject, or please, just let the thread go away.

Elvis
Wow, you're still convinced you're right? Sorry you were given bad intel years ago, but trust me, they are all called spurs. Ever heard the terms "folding bass drum spurs" and "disappearing bass drum spurs"? If you were correct, those terms wouldn't exist, as we'd simply refer to them as legs or spurs. But we don't.

In fact, it's super easy to see that I'm right. Just go on literally any search engine or online drum retailer and look up bass drum spurs. It can be a little harder to find them on drum manufacturer websites, because spurs aren't a super hot selling item. But if you look up spurs in their parts or hardware section, or just click on any drumset on any manufacturer's site and look up the specs, you'll see. I did notice that the Thomann.de website (per your example) does list them as bass drum legs. But Thomann is a German company, and that's a German website (notice the .de at the end? That's for Deutschland). Maybe that's what they call them over there, or maybe the term just got lost in translation. Regardless, in the US, they are called spurs.

But I do agree with you on one point. We should totally end this conversation.

Last edited: