Question about addons to Limited Addition Kits

polystroke

Im saving up for a new drumset, and i have it nailed to 3 different sets after extensive research and videos. The one kit that i have chosen is a limited edition. The Mapex Black Panther walnut/birch 5 piece. Comes with 2 floor toms, 2 tomtoms, and a bass drum. Does anyone know if its possible to get a second bass drum with this kit? I have looked everywhere for information, and have yet to find it.

S

sticks4drums

Im saving up for a new drumset, and i have it nailed to 3 different sets after extensive research and videos. The one kit that i have chosen is a limited edition. The Mapex Black Panther walnut/birch 5 piece. Comes with 2 floor toms, 2 tomtoms, and a bass drum. Does anyone know if its possible to get a second bass drum with this kit? I have looked everywhere for information, and have yet to find it.
Hey buddy. I have two of the Limited Edition birch/walnut kits, and they are Saturn's, not Black Panther's. They are coming out with 4 new colours in 2012. they come in 5 piece kits, and you can get the 8 x 7 tom, or the snare as an add on. You cannot get any other pieces. I am a pretty loyal Mapex customer, and promotor, and they recently shot down my request for a 8 x 8 for the one limited edition kit.

polystroke

wow that makes me sad, really wanted this kit, i prefer double bass drums, but hearing this kit might make me get a double bass pedal.

moontheloon

Silver Member
no idea about ordering the second kick.....but I played on this kit at the local Sam Ash near me.....

it was brought there for a Will Calhoun clinic and is now for sale......actually a student of mine has started making payments on it

this kit sounds and looks absolutely amazing

I would definitely get this kit if I were you if it is indeed in your price range

the tone and resonance of these shells is very close to the best ive heard and the hoops are like a hybrid of die cast and triple flange inverted hoops ...they call it "Sonic Saver" or something like that.....they definitely have a unique feel and look as far as hoops go

sick sick drums

S

sticks4drums

OK guys. Lets talk about the same kit here.

1- Mapex Black Panther, Maple with walnut re-rings.
2- Mapex Saturn Limited Edition birch/walnut

I think the original poster is looking at the Limited edition kit.

S

sticks4drums

wow that makes me sad, really wanted this kit, i prefer double bass drums, but hearing this kit might make me get a double bass pedal.
You can do two things. Buy a new Mapex Falcon double pedal with it. I have two of the singles and they are great pedals. You can even buy the direct drive attachment for it. Two, you can wait until you see a second kit in the same colour for really cheap, and buy it to get the second bass, then either keep, or sell off the extra pieces. If you want something bad enough you will figure out a way. :)

polystroke

yes the limited edition, the walnut and the birch combo is amazing, i cant believe it. If i go the regular saturn route and get two bass drums, i prob wont get the maple,walnut. Plus if i get a double bass pedal i was thinking the speed cobra, thoughts on double bass pedals? OHHH, way back in like 2004 i think, i had this single pedal made by Janus? An off brand by mapex i think that made some amazing hardware, i would love to have that single pedal again, or even maybe the double ergo pedal.

the link to my fav pedal ever

http://www.mapexdrums.com/downloads/Janus Catalog.pdf

S

sticks4drums

yes the limited edition, the walnut and the birch combo is amazing, i cant believe it. If i go the regular saturn route and get two bass drums, i prob wont get the maple,walnut. Plus if i get a double bass pedal i was thinking the speed cobra, thoughts on double bass pedals? OHHH, way back in like 2004 i think, i had this single pedal made by Janus? An off brand by mapex i think that made some amazing hardware, i would love to have that single pedal again, or even maybe the double ergo pedal.

the link to my fav pedal ever

http://www.mapexdrums.com/downloads/Janus Catalog.pdf
Well if you liked the Janus, the new Falcon will blow you away.