Price too good to be true?

Skinny91

Not to sure if anyone is still watching the thread, but the cymbals arrived yesterday, new and clean, both sides of the hats (though I didn't flip to the unfinished hats for the picture) and I couldn't be happier with them.

I don't know if I would have even gone for it without hearing from you guys first so thank you again for the advice.

HipshotPercussion

Last edited:

Skinny91

Re: Price to good to be true?

Thanks for the replies everyone,

My wife and I shop off Amazon almost exclusively, and we've never had an issue with anything they've sent. Call Meinl, and ask them about it.
Yeah I do the same, brought a few instruments and never had any problems but not cymbals yet.

are you sure it's not just one cymbal of the set? I know certain websites do that.

Also isn't every pair of hihats reversible?

-Jonathan
Yeah that is a possibly, the description isn't clear at all haha.

These ones specifically have 2 different finishes on each hat to give a different tone when they are reversed, seemed like a good set to buy.

Product Description
Box Contains
1 x MEINL B13SH-B

looks like you need to buy two.

F
I checked another cymbal page with something a more regular price and it said the same thing, or nothing about it. You could be right though.

"Product Features

-Swift, delicate, accurate, powerful, mystical, intense, scary"

...are we describing a unicorn on bath salts or cymbals?
Haha I know, thats half the reason I asked on here, the description is all over the place...

If I get them and it is one cymbal or something else wrong, worst comes to worst I can return them and get my money back I guess.

I'll decide later I think, thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it.

Nickropolis

"Product Features

-Swift, delicate, accurate, powerful, mystical, intense, scary"

...are we describing a unicorn on bath salts or cymbals?

Florian

Gold Member

Product Description
Box Contains
1 x MEINL B13SH-B

looks like you need to buy two.

F

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member

are you sure it's not just one cymbal of the set? I know certain websites do that.

Also isn't every pair of hihats reversible?

-Jonathan

EarthRocker

My wife and I shop off Amazon almost exclusively, and we've never had an issue with anything they've sent. Call Meinl, and ask them about it.

Skinny91

Hey guys, I was searching around Amazon today and stumbled across these Meinl Byzance Serpent Hi-Hats:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00716CQ8K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I've wanted them for a while because I liked the idea that both sides were reversible, but for that price (£100 lower than anywhere I've seen them) could there be something off about it? I had a search around the web and couldn't find any information on a possible scam/fake cymbals/etc. Also, it says its dispatched and sold by Amazon so not a 3rd party seller I think.

Sorry if this seems like a pointless question, I was wondering if any of you have any experience with this sort of thing before I spend a load of money on something that might not be legitimate haha.

Cheers