PMT shop, Birmingham.

mikel

Platinum Member
Hi. Anyone used, as in visited the shop, PMT in Birmingham to buy drum stuff? . I am new to the Midlands area and I am finding it difficult to locate a dedicated drum shop, I live in Worcester and a work friend mentioned PMT Birmingham. They are a general musical instrument retailer, but I don't want to make a trip through heavy traffic only to find they have little to offer for drummers.

The website is ok but that is the online stuff and shops are often different in real life. So..anyone used them and would you recommend a visit?

JackBab

Not a great deal round here (to my knowledge) I do know of a great little vintage shop in Abergavenny also salop music in Shrewsbury used to be good but I know it changed hands a few years ago and I've not been since before then
Jack

mikel

Platinum Member
Thanks Jack I will check them out.

I am surprised that a densely populated area like the West Midlands is short of a dedicated drum shop. Back in the frozen North, Newcastle area, we had two excellent drum shops, both doing well last I heard.

mpthomson

There are actually three in the north east, all doing well. Drumshop in Gateshead/washington, Newcastle Drum on the quayside and the absolute gold mine that is Willie Wright's shop in Sunderland.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Large national retailer. Major guitar/keys concentration. Big Roland & Yamaha presence. Concentrating on faster moving acoustic drum offerings from Yamaha, Mapex & Tama.

mikel

Platinum Member
There are actually three in the north east, all doing well. Drumshop in Gateshead/washington, Newcastle Drum on the quayside and the absolute gold mine that is Willie Wright's shop in Sunderland.
Cheers MP. Never heard of Willie Wright's, where in Sunderland is he?