Please help identify this Gretsch kit!

DrummerThumbs

Hi there, i have had this kit for a long time and now i want to sell up but i have no idea how to advertise it or how much to ask for it as i have literally no idea what it is apart from a " Gretsch drum kit in black ".

Has anyone any more info other than that?

I really would appreciate any and all info!

Thanks so much :)

Attachments

D

drumming sort of person

Going by those hoops, I would suggest offering it for sale at $600. Offer the hardware and cymbals for an additional $75.

DrummerThumbs

I didn't see that exact badge in any of Gretsch's badge history page. No clue. The only square badge they show are 1908, and 1981 to 2013. 1980 on the right.

Both have writing between the the two Gretsch Names.
Yeah i have looked at all the sites listing the badges and NONE match up :/

DrummerThumbs

Going by those hoops, I would suggest offering it for sale at $600. Offer the hardware and cymbals for an additional $75.
I spent a good solid 6 hours yesterday taking the drums completely apart and cleaning and polishing every single part of them, they look like new now. Would this affect your guide sale price? Thanks :)

Attachments

DrummerThumbs

It's an early 2000's Catalina. You can see whether it's birch or maple by removing a head and looking at the wood.
Any chance there is an easy way to identify if it is birch or maple? It does not say on them and i can not tell whatsoever!