Playing on Halloween? Costumes ideas for drummers?

drummer-russ

Gold Member
We have a gig on Haloween night and have been asked to wear costumes.

I have one in mind but not certain yet. So hoping you guys have some ideas.

My idea? Ghost of John Bonham!

MikeM

Platinum Member
Cool, sounds fun. I'd want to dress up as Miley Cyrus. Could have some serious fun with that. Or just go full-on Dolly Parton Drag.

Mount Saint Elle'ns

Silver Member
That is, without doubt, one of the most disturbing images ever painted on this forum! ;)
You've just given me the best idea ever for a costume: Schrödinger's Cat.

Now don't you go stealing that one. If I am ever in a band, it's all mine. ;)

(You really should give out Most Disturbing awards. It would make a great thread.)

bonerpizza

Silver Member
A couple years ago my band played a show on Halloween and I went as Nacho Libre, I played with the Luchador mask on for maybe a minute and a half and ripped that thing off the first chance I got mid song!

drummer-russ

Gold Member
I have a gig too. I know a girl who is a make-up artist and I want to her to make me a joker like this...

This would be cool. I a worried about makeup and sweat though having never played a 4 hour gig in costume.

Some creative ideas in here. Our lead guitarist is coming as Jesus. Singer is a pirate. I expect our bass player to be a zombie.

The ghost of John Bonham may be what I choose. Black wig, 70s scarf around head, Led t shirt and some ghostly makeup but I'll wear sunglasses so I don't have makeup right around my eyes. Is a bottle of Vodka too macabre?

I could play with 4 sticks too!

Last edited:

KamaK

Platinum Member
Best drummer costume I ever saw was Darth Vader. The gent had some red light-up sticks from "The Fresh Beat Band" that he picked up from the Nickelodeon web store.

StaggerLee

Silver Member
im going as vader with red light up drumsticks to mimic lightsabers, should work out ok :)
EDIT just saw post below, didnt copy from you i swear haha, just got given some red light up drumsticks last birthday so thought this could be a good use for them