Place to hire a drummer online?

okiemuse

I can play/record all the instruments for my project except drums. I started taking lessons and realized it would be years before I was close to doing my own percussion. If I hire a drummer, it will very likely be online. Two reasons: A) I live in an area with population insufficient to find a drummer who's a good choice for my peculiar ideas about writing//arranging. B) It's likely all the songs on this first CD will use polyrhythms. Not in style of thrash rock or avant-garde classical, but more like Afrobeat or jazz.

That's my dilemma. Where on the Web should I search for someone? I'm still getting started, so my budget is humble. Looked at the Classifieds here, but they seem focused on gear.

K.Howden

Just put a post up a thread on here, if someone is interested PM them, get the conversation rolling and send them the tracks if they're interested etc. "Build it and they will come" as they say, I know that numerous recording projects have been started on here in much the same way.

There is certainly a great wealth of drumming talent on these boards to choose from too!

Hope you get everything sorted :)

Kev

SlyDrumGuy

I would suggest starting a thread here, on other drum forums, and perhaps make an advertisement on Craigslist. You can also browse your local Craigslist listings to see if any drummers in your area have created ads looking for a band to play in. You might have some luck there!

alparrott

Platinum Member
I can play/record all the instruments for my project except drums. I started taking lessons and realized it would be years before I was close to doing my own percussion. If I hire a drummer, it will very likely be online. Two reasons: A) I live in an area with population insufficient to find a drummer who's a good choice for my peculiar ideas about writing//arranging. B) It's likely all the songs on this first CD will use polyrhythms. Not in style of thrash rock or avant-garde classical, but more like Afrobeat or jazz.

That's my dilemma. Where on the Web should I search for someone? I'm still getting started, so my budget is humble. Looked at the Classifieds here, but they seem focused on gear.
In about a day or so, you'll start getting people PM'ing you asking you what you'd like to have done on your songs. It happens fairly often here, and we have everything from talented amateurs to world-famous pros on this forum. You should get a quality product if you stay patient.

If you ask a moderator, he can help you change the title of this thread to attract such a drummer. Such as "Looking for drummer to lay down Afrobeat/jazz drum tracks to finish my project".

okiemuse

Wow; rapid replies with multiple ideas!

Since my project is in various stages of completion, I first need to get one song to the "everything but the drums" phase. Then come back and post a new thread asking for drumming help. I'll also be better prepared to test resources outside this site.

Thanks a million!