Phil Collins rehab issues

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
He's been making the rounds promoting his new book, and he's said that he can hold sticks again. He has a kit set up in his garage to practice, but really isn't sure what he'll be able to do. I guess we'll find out when the tour starts in June...

I'm pulling for him though. I think if he puts in the time he (and we) will be surprised by what he's still able to do.

G

Ghostnote

Duke had a huge effect on my drumming growing up. Hope he gets it back. Hope he still has the desire to get it back.

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
Duke had a huge effect on my drumming growing up. Hope he gets it back. Hope he still has the desire to get it back.
Duke is a fantastic album, and it's probably my second favorite Genesis album (behind Selling England By The Pound) and has some really great drumming moments on it. One of the more interesting things about Duke is how Phil double-tracked drumset parts so he essentially did a studio duet with himself, knowing he'd later play them that way live with Chester Thompson.

Here's one of my favorites...Duke's Travel's/Duke's End:

https://youtu.be/w99MpVd_qYM

RockNGrohl

That is cool news. He does have his son Nicholas on the drums with him for his upcoming dates. Nick plays a righty version of his dads exact setup it looks like from the U.S. open gig he played. How cool is that?

G

Ghostnote

Duke is a fantastic album, and it's probably my second favorite Genesis album (behind Selling England By The Pound) and has some really great drumming moments on it. One of the more interesting things about Duke is how Phil double-tracked drumset parts so he essentially did a studio duet with himself, knowing he'd later play them that way live with Chester Thompson.

Here's one of my favorites...Duke's Travel's/Duke's End:

https://youtu.be/w99MpVd_qYM
Yeah, so cool. I've always wanted to play in a group with two drummers. So many untapped possibilities that nk one has done yet