Pearl Glitter choices

donnyf

Ive been thinking of getting a pearl export or decade 5 pc set and cant find a set in the glitter choices to see what the look like in real life. Has anyone seen them ? please let me know if they look cheap. blue sparkle looks ok but blue sparkle can make a set look like it came from KMart. otherwise the white wrap seems kind of plain . Any thoughts??

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I got to inspect the Decade Maples at NAMM when they only allowed "artists" into the exhibit area, and other than the six-lug floor tom, I thought the Decade's were built very well. The satin matte finishes, and especially the yellow looked really good to me, but I don't recall seeing any glitters. So if you're asking about a drumset that you could work with and possibly grow with for a number of years, I would say "yes" to the Decade Maples. A lot of pros even have them as their second kits when their main kits are being used elsewhere. As for the looks, I don't think they look any worse than anything else in the same price range from other manufacturers. I just recommend the Pearls because of the great warranty given to the original owners - if anything breaks, they have you covered. I realize other manufacturers may offer this as well, but Pearl seems really easy to get in touch with for some reason.

mpthomson

I just recommend the Pearls because of the great warranty given to the original owners - if anything breaks, they have you covered. I realize other manufacturers may offer this as well, but Pearl seems really easy to get in touch with for some reason.
This really does depend where the OP is. The warranty only exists in the US.

If you're in Europe Pearl's customer service is legendarily appalling.