Pearl eliminator pedal adjustment

NoPro

I bought a used pearl kick pedal. I believe it's part of the eliminator series. It's a single chain pedal. I am a novice at adjusting this pedal and I'm looking for the manual online.
The pedals chain is off to the left and I'm trying to figure out how to move the cam and beater slightly over to make the chain straight. Any help with this is most appreciated. Also if anyone could identify the exact name of the pedal it might help me to search better for a manual. Thank you. Here's a pic ( tried uploading no luck )

Here's 2 pics on another site as I was unable to resize the pics. Thank you

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/low-end-theory/952094-used-pearl-kick-pedal-single-chain.html#post10388289

Last edited:

flurbs

1st info - it's not an Eliminator, it's a bog standard Pearl pedal. Eliminators have double chains and replaceable plastic cam shapes.

Anyway, it's an easy problem to fix. The two castings (chain cam and beater holder) are tightened onto the hex axle with small allen bolts - you will be able to see them on the underside of the castings. If you have the right size allen wrench it's just a matter of loosening them, sliding the castings to the correct alignment, and then retightening. This isn't an adjustment you should regularly have to do, so use a tiny dab of threadlock (or superglue in a pinch) on the threads whilst retightening to help keep them there.

NoPro

1st info - it's not an Eliminator, it's a bog standard Pearl pedal. Eliminators have double chains and replaceable plastic cam shapes.

Anyway, it's an easy problem to fix. The two castings (chain cam and beater holder) are tightened onto the hex axle with small allen bolts - you will be able to see them on the underside of the castings. If you have the right size allen wrench it's just a matter of loosening them, sliding the castings to the correct alignment, and then retightening. This isn't an adjustment you should regularly have to do, so use a tiny dab of threadlock (or superglue in a pinch) on the threads whilst retightening to help keep them there.
Thank you very much will try this in a few hours!!!

NoPro

No luck. I see the Allen screws on the bottom of the castings. I have a set of hex wrenches. Unless there's special other wrench needed... none work. Looking up to see if hex wrench and Allen wrench are different...

NoPro

Update...I have both allen and hex all sizes...no dice. Could this be a welded in rivet or something..?

NoPro

So I shifted the heel base of the pedal to the left with a drum key..kinda cockeyed and goofy..hard to tell if the screws are a different type /stripped(don't look like it) or some other issue. Oh well...I posted a pic on the gearslutz forum of the screws...from the post above

drummerfish

flubs is right. those allen screws will fix the problem.

that type of modern pedal has standard parts/features on most pedals in that type of model line. the pedal looks clean and i don't see any other issues so its a easy fix.

it could just mean you don't have the right size allen wrenches (though most basic allen wrench set(s) will have all you need to fix most drum related things)