PDP Cx Should I ??

Symyn240

First time setting them up! So far so good, the sound pretty darn good so far, even with the crappy old heads, what do you guys think??!

I took the wrap off the Bass hoops, give it that natural look, i really like it. I think it brings a little class to it, anyway, let me know what you all think!

Cheers!

TTNW

Pioneer Member
Not sure what its called, like Onyx or something looks like wrinkled paper thats shinny and blue/black ish hahah not really a great description, but they sure do look amazing!
Some of the larger music gear retailers might have a black onyx 16" floor tom. They were made as an add-on and also included in a promo a few years back (buy the 10,12,14,22 & sn shellpack and get a free 16"FT) so it would be worth looking on the internet to see if anybody still has one in stock. GC, Musician's Friend, Sam Ash, Music123, etc..

TTNW

Pioneer Member
So far nobody has the 16" only the 8" BOOOO
You could buy another wrap finish 16" PDP floor tom and then get the wrap from JamminSam or one of the other suppliers. It's probably still available. Probably run you another $50 bucks or so.

Symyn240

Great idea! But i still cant even find a 16" Cx hahah I was thinking about going natural and staining the kit like i did when i re-did an old pearl kit, and loved it! So i wasn't dead set on one finish, but i did want to keep with the CX series. I am in no rush at all, and i am sure something will turn up.

Symyn240

I am wondering if i get another 14" and just tune it lower if that would work, that way i could keep it all on the rack, anybody else do anything like this?? It might also be easier to find.