Organized Program

ahmed616

Hi

I am a beginner in drums just know some simple beats and have only played about 8 times.
I dont have a teacher I watch videos online from www.drumlessons.com
I have access to a kit 2 days a week

I just need an organized program to optimize my progress.I know that it needs time to get better and get a good output but i feel confused and not confident about my steps.
if i need to buy any equipments what are they and what are the suggested brands
Last thing: Please can anyone be an online teacher for me just to watch out my progress and tell me my next steps ?!

Thanks alot :)

achdumeingute

Hi

I am a beginner in drums just know some simple beats and have only played about 8 times.
I dont have a teacher I watch videos online from www.drumlessons.com
I have access to a kit 2 days a week

I just need an organized program to optimize my progress.I know that it needs time to get better and get a good output but i feel confused and not confident about my steps.
if i need to buy any equipments what are they and what are the suggested brands
Last thing: Please can anyone be an online teacher for me just to watch out my progress and tell me my next steps ?!

Thanks alot :)
I would say an essential thing for you to get is a metronome, a practice pad, and some sticks. You can do alot of work just with that for around $50. Look up rudiments (Vic firth website has good examples) and work on those. Stick Control by George stone is also a very good pad book.
The pad is not as sexy as a kit...but it's great fundamentals on the cheap.

Another thing I would really pay attention to when starting is your grip, not as much matched vs traditional ect...but playing loose and relaxed. It's better to learn good habits from the start. There are lots of good YouTube vids out there. Dave weckl or tommy ignore have very nice detailed vids out there on this subject.

I'm also a believer that as a beginner you will get much better from playing 30 min a day everyday rather than 3.5 hours one day a week, but I'm not an educator...