One Year updated on Evans UV2 Heads!

I just ordered a uv1 and 300 for the snare.

I hope I like this combo. Current prices are no joke 😂
Thanks for throwing yourself on the Evans grenade. I’ve tried the 300 but I accidentally broke it before I came to a conclusion.

Thanks for throwing yourself on the Evans grenade. I’ve tried the 300 but I accidentally broke it before I came to a conclusion.
Haha.

I uave been using the 300 for some years now. I like it.

Im very curious about the new combo as Im a die hard Genera Dry user for a few years but with a new type of snare in the planning (cob) im looking to maintain the sound of that specific model and feel the uv1 might do that.

Something about these heads felt weird to me. I dunno, less the sound and more so the feel I didn’t like. I had to ditch them pretty quick

Good to know the robustness of these, as I had been going down the road on the next tom head replacement being either UV1 or UV2's.
After some YouTube rabbit holes on head comparisons, I'm still liking the Clear G2 over Clear G1 option a lot more than I thought.

(I'm currently running a UV1 on my Acrolite which is holding up very well).

Almost pulled the trigger on a couple coated UV2’s and a UV1/300 for the Acro I got last week, and then I priced them and got Emps and Ambs instead. Wow, some price tag! Not that Remos are a bargain, but they’re a known commodity to me.

Almost pulled the trigger on a couple coated UV2’s and a UV1/300 for the Acro I got last week, and then I priced them and got Emps and Ambs instead. Wow, some price tag! Not that Remos are a bargain, but they’re a known commodity to me.
Yes, I had a similar sticker shock with the Evans UVX's.
Still, the UV1 on my Acro is holding up unbelievably well, I must admit.

Last edited:
Back