omg

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Are those cast shells? Loudness. The only thing I could use the big one for is brush work, all my gigs are low-volume. But I bet it sounds awesome.

Darth Vater

Beautiful but I have a question. What's with all the single ended lugs on the shorter Sonor snares lately? Do we really need 20 lugs on a snare? Not to mention the more holes you have to drill in the shell. Both my Phonic Reissue and Prolite snares have 10 double end lugs. They look much cleaner.

WallyY

Platinum Member
It's like a big 590 in front and a Purdie version in back.

The originals get traded like rare cars. I'm not in that club.

I could maybe join this club.

incrementalg

Gold Member
Oh man...if it sounds as good as it looks, then I want one!! But, I just dropped a bunch of money on a swimming pool for the kids. Rotten kids.

All_The_Drums

Oh man...if it sounds as good as it looks, then I want one!! But, I just dropped a bunch of money on a swimming pool for the kids. Rotten kids.
Tell me about it! I've gotta decide between "food and bills" for the family, or the 14x8. Adulting is such a hassle.

Video coming soon.

Tamaefx

Silver Member
Beautiful but I have a question. What's with all the single ended lugs on the shorter Sonor snares lately? Do we really need 20 lugs on a snare? Not to mention the more holes you have to drill in the shell. Both my Phonic Reissue and Prolite snares have 10 double end lugs. They look much cleaner.
I guess it's mostly for style, those lugs look exactly like the Sonor logo / badge on the shallower snare drum.
I'd be curious to know the weight of the fat one ?!

Darth Vater

I guess it's mostly for style, those lugs look exactly like the Sonor logo / badge on the shallower snare drum.
I'd be curious to know the weight of the fat one ?!
It's silly. That's what the badge and the reso head logo is for. They're just adding unnecessary weight. Yeah, that 14x8 has got to be a freakin' boat anchor !

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'd love to hear say for instance Brian Blade play some really tasty lower volume jazz on that. With sticks.

To look at it, I wouldn't think that it would work well for jazz, but I bet I would be surprised at how much it doesn't matter...in the right hands.

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I'd love to hear say for instance Brian Blade play some really tasty lower volume jazz on that. With sticks.

To look at it, I wouldn't think that it would work well for jazz, but I bet I would be surprised at how much it doesn't matter...in the right hands.
There are some rooms where it just would be a bull in a musical china shop. But in the right room with the right player, sure.