Old Premier kit ID

H

Hellwyck

I want to identify an old Premier kit and no matter how hard I try I cannot find it in any of the catalogues.

It's a Premier Club in Orange, 18" or so bass drum, 16" ground tom, 14" snare and 10" mount tom... It has the ride stand on the "5 past" of the bass drum.

My grandparents bought it for me when I was 5 years old (it's my first "grown up" kit) and I know it's a Club as it still has the badges on.

Arky

Platinum Member
Ah... Great you edited your post!

Because "assuming" is one thing, "knowing" (e.g. because the original poster said this) is a completely different story. Lesson learned -> Provide enough info next time so the guess(assume-)work will be eliminated. -> Both sides win!

It's quite typical for this forum (and maybe some other forums, too) that people post text only and when invited/reminded to add photos will do so. Human logic.

But now - let's get back on topic. Sorry for the blah ;-)

H

Hellwyck

Ah... Great you edited your post!

Because "assuming" is one thing, "knowing" (e.g. because the original poster said this) is a completely different story.
1. I edited my post because I had more to add and the original statement wouldn't scan with it.

2. I'm fully aware what the differences are and one should never assume anything.

All I wanted was help with my kit and PFOG's reply seemed a bit sarcastic without any help whatsoever - not really needed from a "platinum" member.

Lesson learned -> Provide enough info next time so the guess(assume-)work will be eliminated. -> Both sides win!
As aforementioned, I don't have the entire kit with me to photograph so I gave enough info as could - which I thought was sufficient.

I don't see why this whole thing - admins picking me up on things - has to occur every time I reply to someone.

Arky

Platinum Member
Read my PM. I don't have much more to add. Work on yourself and things will get better.
Nuff said.

H

Hellwyck

Nice... you give people advice about assuming yet you assume yourself?

for your information - AND DO NOT CENSOR THAT - I have nothing to improve in my life or mindset...

You called me anger - anger needs a catalyst and idiots are my catalyst.

If someone ask for help, I give them help, I do not give them sarcastic comments that do not help one little bit, that is the mindset of a cat. A Feeble cat

Last edited by a moderator:

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
All I wanted was help with my kit and PFOG's reply seemed a bit sarcastic without any help whatsoever - not really needed from a "platinum" member.
Want a cuddle?

It was a joke....and an obvious one at that....hence the smilie. Christ almighty, any weaker and you'd come out of a tap.

You've really gotta get out more sweetheart.

Arky

Platinum Member
For everybody's info - here's the communication between me and the OP.
I think it will clear some things up.

If you're asking to get banned... Yes I have 10 seconds of my time to do this.

- - - -

Dear Arky,

You have received a new private message at DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM from Hellwyck, entitled "Re: Please...".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

---Quote (Originally by Arky)---
Hi.

Just so you'd know... This is for the 1st time that you're annoying me. So far everything has been discussed in a civilized way.
---End Quote---
No, nothing has been discussed in a civilicsed way, my post was replied to with a sarcastic comment by a so-called PLATINUM (meaning SHOULD KNOW BETTER) member

---Quote---
But... Do you realise that it's YOU / your post that got that stone rolling?
---End Quote---
Considering I myself typed it out and started the thread - yes

---Quote---
Pocket Full Of Gold is a bit sarcastic at times - many members are. How did you react? Diplomatically? Come on, don't tell me. YOU have at least 50% of what you now feel is "against" you.
---End Quote---
It's not how I reacted, many people would have questioned sarcasm on a thread asking for help.

If you went onto an automobile forum, asking for help with a major oil leak, would you be happy if someone said "are you allergic to garages?", no, you'd ask them why the hell they typed that with no help.

---Quote---
Really, my patience is going to end at some point. Think some more over what you're doing/how you're writing your posts, accept a bit more of people that in fact want to help you but might not be 100% in line of you consider "perfect" - are you perfect?
---End Quote---
YOUR PATIENCE IS GETTING THIN!?!?!

Do you know how many times I've asked for help on drum forums only to have some p.... give me .... for "not knowing what I'm talking about?" and you know what freaking forum it was? THIS ONE!

I came back on here thinking it'd changed but no:

YOU'RE the freaking reason why drummers are a joke and I might not be perfect but I'm more sympathetic and human than you.

delete my account /end Hellwyck]

I won't spend much more time on discussing/PM'ing, and this is the first time in my membership on this forum that I'm writing this.

Greets
Arky

---Quote (Originally by Hellwyck)---
...Am I the only person on this forum who's getting pulled up when replying to people?

I find it pretty disconcerting to be honest and it's lessening my enjoyment of the forum.
---End Quote---
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
He got banned before. I knew it was only a matter of time before he got banned again.

I sensed the attitude from the very first post he made as a reinstated member and reported one of his posts quickly afterwards, as it crossed the line.

Sometimes, a leopard can't change his spots. What a tool.

Incidentally Arky, I know English isn't your first language but there is one particularly crude swear word in the discourse that you posted up. I'm immune to swearing but one word in particular is often considered taboo even in quite rough conversation. If you want clarity, feel free to PM.