Oh really!?

drum4fun27302

Gold Member
Wow. Some ground breaking stuff here. We have been editing for something like that for do long. And like he says , "it only took 2 minutes". We should have thought about it a long time ago.

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
He forgot to add Downy to his new LG Sonic Stain Reducer Washer. Besides, everyone knows darks are better suited to overtone reduction.

Aeolian

Platinum Member
What's really funny is that it was tuned fairly decently and sounded pretty good before the sleeping bag went in there. I wonder if he's ever gigged without the security blanket.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Hehe - good replies guys. I've just made the mistake of listening to some of his other "instruction" videos. Oh dear, he seems very happy to freely dispense his words of wisdom on many subjects. Video on setting up cymbals is a classic (they must all be set to 45 degrees apparently), & his free form groove demo is erm - well, go look for yourself. Bless him ;)

Stomper4x4

The 5 tips video is an instant classic. I can see now how wrong I've been setting up my snare and how to use by whole arm,down by my knee, while hitting the snare.

Back to basics.

Brian

Gold Member
The video regarding ghost notes, and he goes onto explain NOT to use ghost notes in drum rolls around the toms (which was weird)..The "what not to do" roll was one of his best ones.

picodon

Silver Member
This one gets the sound right much faster even!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2kE3ffT48

I see huge potential in this thread, it could become another tom angles.
:D

(Edit: after hearing "and this guy is known as the actual bass pedal" a third time, my own underwear is now good enough to go in a bass drum too...)

keep it simple

Platinum Member
This one gets the sound right much faster even!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2kE3ffT48

I see huge potential in this thread, it could become another tom angles.
:D

(Edit: after hearing "and this guy is known as the actual bass pedal" a third time, my own underwear is now good enough to go in a bass drum too...)
& the "actual bass drum". Extremely annoying presentation of a load of shite. "slightly better, which is what you want" says it all really. 360,000 views -WHY???

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
So what Im getting here is:

Single- 18" bass drum

Twin- 20"

Queen- 22"

King- 24" and up

Is that right???

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
I noticed that my bass drum resembles a clothes dryer. I just need to hook up an electric motor and BAM, clean clothes plus muffled bass drum.

Excuse me while I go make a you tube video demonstrating how to fill your snare with mismatched socks.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
So what Im getting here is:

Single- 18" bass drum

Twin- 20"

Queen- 22"

King- 24" and up

Is that right???
Looked like he stuffed a King in that 22" BD. Even in fast forward that looked like it took forever to put in there!!!! I was waiting for part of it to stick out "the hole in the middle of his head", thought it was going to fill the bass up and then some!!!

Larry what's this "tuning" thing you speak of LOL!!!!