Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

He is making my second snare already. Was blown away by these snare drums.

Your second? You'll have to let me borrow one! I doubt I'd ever be able to actually buy my own ;) I couldn't stop playing them. His and Guillaume Carballido's snares I think were the best snares I've seen at the whole show (I couldn't stop playing his snares either).

Your second? You'll have to let me borrow one! I doubt I'd ever be able to actually buy my own ;) I couldn't stop playing them. His and Guillaume Carballido's snares I think were the best snares I've seen at the whole show (I couldn't stop playing his snares either).

Brother, I'm telling you. Last year I played every snare I could possibly play and Acoutin's stood out hands down. I have the 5.5x14 Solid birdseye maple/stainless. The one he is making now is 6.5x13 copper/koa. On a second note, we missed you at the Ludwig booth photo shot. I believe you tickling the ivories ?

Brother, I'm telling you. Last year I played every snare I could possibly play and Acoutin's stood out hands down. I have the 5.5x14 Solid birdseye maple/stainless. The one he is making now is 6.5x13 copper/koa. On a second note, we missed you at the Ludwig booth photo shot. I believe you tickling the ivories ?

I had a long over-lunch hang at the Hilton with the choir kids and parents after we performed at the Hilton for the NAMM Educators section. We didn't wrap up until about noon. But on a good note, I was with a friend helping me to hone my 'schmoozing' skills and we visited several manufacturers today. I may become associated with a drum company and cymbal company by the end of next week - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.

I had a long over-lunch hang at the Hilton with the choir kids and parents after we performed at the Hilton for the NAMM Educators section. We didn't wrap up until about noon. But on a good note, I was with a friend helping me to hone my 'schmoozing' skills and we visited several manufacturers today. I may become associated with a drum company and cymbal company by the end of next week - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Nice..hope you score big man, you deserve it.

I played these snares and they are AWESOME! They're like DW's Edge snares but in reverse. For some reason they have a better high end and sound really good. And even cooler for us California people, Cooper does all of this in a shop in Huntington Beach! It's nice when there's a custom snare builder right in your own backyard!

They're incredibly expensive, though. But beautiful nonetheless!
Sorry to jump in as a slight promo whore (can't afford to exhibit at NAMM jealousy), but we've been making this style of construction for the last three years or so. Both stave & steambent, in any material combo requested. For a bright & articulate sound, our most popular combo is purpleheart steambent & 316L stainless steel. Cost = from $900 US.

Attachments

• hybrid.jpg
    hybrid.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 1,765
I love everything in the thread but the thing I noticed more than anything was the fact that there are no longer and maple Tama Melody Master snares being made - both the 12 and 14 inch drums are now 1-millimeter steel shells. Interesting.

Sorry to jump in as a slight promo whore (can't afford to exhibit at NAMM jealousy), but we've been making this style of construction for the last three years or so. Both stave & steambent, in any material combo requested. For a bright & articulate sound, our most popular combo is purpleheart steambent & 316L stainless steel. Cost = from $900 US.

I hope that some day you will have a very successful booth at NAMM. Keep going!

GJS

I may become associated with a drum company and cymbal company by the end of next week - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.

I hope you get the best deal, +1 on the fingers crossing... :)

For a bright & articulate sound, our most popular combo is purpleheart steambent & 316L stainless steel. Cost = from $900 US.

Isn't that tempting Bo? ;-))

PAISTE CYMBALS : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Love those Paiste Nicko McBrain "boomer cymbals" set... outstanding look! imagine the sound...

The Appice brothers - Bun E. Carlos - Kelly Shu - Kickport.... : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Carmine & Vinnie...what a couple of brothers! Bun E. Carlos from Cheap Trick...another great left-handed drummer!

TRICK DRUMS : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Those TRICK DRUMS just "cast an spell on me"...something different.

Thank You - Sir Bernhard!!!

Wow Andy , That is just beautiful ! , foliage that is !! j/k .
Since we couldn't be there I'm glad Mike is posting some pics! Of course I have been informed everyday about how awesome it is out there, and too bad I couldn't have made it ... :( .

I hope you get the best deal, +1 on the fingers crossing... :)

Isn't that tempting Bo? ;-))

Thanks. After not having attended the NAMM show in 15+ years, this weekend was very productive with the meeting of the right people. I'm thankful to have gotten to hang out with a friend who is also on the "almost-an-endorser" cusp, and because of him, I started talking with the right people. I came away with a new-found appreciation for the NAMM show.

And the Guru drum is totally beautiful Andy - but the guy I was talking about lives right in my backyard (well, 35 miles south of my backyard). And his snares are absolutely superb as well. If I do get one, I can talk directly to the builder just as you do, Andy!

Awesome pics ..Mike . I just want to say I have been to NAMM 5 yrs now. I have been a drummer 40 yrs now and I think best of show should be CRUSH drums. Not taken nothing from the other drum companies but they are new . Their drums are awesome in my opinion and their work in design is excellent.

Great pictures @.@ The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 20 characters.

The Crush drums did look great in every way. I haven't seen any available at my local shops yet. This was promising looking tuner that was specifically designed for drums. The demo was impressive. http://tune-bot.com/

GMS Drums : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Attachments

• gms1.jpg
    gms1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,784
  • gms5.jpg
    gms5.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,408
  • gms4.jpg
    gms4.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,380
  • gms3.jpg