Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. After not having attended the NAMM show in 15+ years, this weekend was very productive with the meeting of the right people. I'm thankful to have gotten to hang out with a friend who is also on the "almost-an-endorser" cusp, and because of him, I started talking with the right people. I came away with a new-found appreciation for the NAMM show.

And the Guru drum is totally beautiful Andy - but the guy I was talking about lives right in my backyard (well, 35 miles south of my backyard). And his snares are absolutely superb as well. If I do get one, I can talk directly to the builder just as you do, Andy!
I know, I just threw that in there due to "Andy wishes he was at NAMM envy". & Yes, if you can get what you want, then dealing with & supporting your local artisan is both a mutually beneficial & noble thing to do. Just to clarify, Dean is a good 6 hour drive from me.

On the other point about you meeting the right people and the possibility of some cooperation, I'm crossing my fingers for you too Bo. Please let us know what happens!

Red Menace

Platinum Member
I know, I just threw that in there due to "Andy wishes he was at NAMM envy". & Yes, if you can get what you want, then dealing with & supporting your local artisan is both a mutually beneficial & noble thing to do. Just to clarify, Dean is a good 6 hour drive from me.

On the other point about you meeting the right people and the possibility of some cooperation, I'm crossing my fingers for you too Bo. Please let us know what happens!
I can relate Andy, I'm a gearhead's gearhead. I belong at NAMM wandering about taking everything in or supporting a manufacturer's product. I have made it my personal goal to get to NAMM just once. I support my local drum maker because I feel he can offer me better service than the biggest of companies. If I wanted an 8x8 in a custom color then the only question I'd have to answer would be "when do you need it by?"

If I can make it big enough to get an endorsement by a company that could take me to NAMM then I'd mark a big item off my bucket list. Hope you all had fun this weekend,

drumhead61

Gold Member
Brother, I'm telling you. Last year I played every snare I could possibly play and Acoutin's stood out hands down. I have the 5.5x14 Solid birdseye maple/stainless. The one he is making now is 6.5x13 copper/koa. On a second note, we missed you at the Ludwig booth photo shot. I believe you tickling the ivories ?
Speaking of the Ludwig booth DW meetup here is the PIC

bonzolead

Platinum Member
The Crush drums did look great in every way. I haven't seen any available at my local shops yet. This was promising looking tuner that was specifically designed for drums. The demo was impressive. http://tune-bot.com/
Crush Drums my new favorite drum company..lol

Seriously I seen the Acrylic set up close & they are beautiful looks & sound wise & a 5-piece kit (22x18,16x14,12x10,10x8 & 14x6 sd) seemless shells with a duel 45 deg. bearing edges for $999..very hard to beat for the quality & price for these drums..IMO

Sticks it's under my $1000 range so I just might be having a Acrylic kit after all..lol

I know the same thing in Ludwig would be about $2500 approx.

These guys really seem to offer something innovative & cool I really like where this company is going.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

S

sticks4drums

No better me than you..lol

I've already got a 20" kit & a 24"kit different wood types with the acrylic I will have the full spectrum..lmao.

so when you gonna get a atlas stand for that Black Beauty?..lol

Bonzolead
Actually I was maybe thinking of getting some for the Retrosonic when it comes. I have to see them in person.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Actually I was maybe thinking of getting some for the Retrosonic when it comes. Will see.
Very interesting, i'm thinking of getting the classic Atlas cymbal stands also probably for my Epics..Ive been looking into some lightweight hardware & these seem perfect plus it has the vintage vibe happening.

Retrosonic's huh...very nice.

Bonzolead

S

sticks4drums

Very interesting, i'm thinking of getting the classic Atlas cymbal stands also probably for my Epics..Ive been looking into some lightweight hardware & these seem perfect plus it has the vintage vibe happening.

Retrosonic's huh...very nice.

Bonzolead
I absolutely love what they did with that kit. The stainless hand machined tube lugs, the Walnut burl outer veneer. 100% Walnut. This will be my little Jazz kit.

bonzolead

Platinum Member
I absolutely love what they did with that kit. The stainless hand machined tube lugs, the Walnut burl outer veneer. 100% Walnut. This will be my little Jazz kit.
Walnut Burl veneer one of my favorite veneers very classy..as always must post pics as soon as you get them.

That will be a sweet kit for sure..Mapex had some sweet showings this year at NAMM there quality is supurb.

Bonzolead

resohead

Silver Member
I'm not sure why Maple Works would paint themselves in a corner with that name. What if they want to make some birch kits or any of the other choices out there? Drum Workshop is a lot better name than Birch Workshop.

I'm not sure why Maple Works would paint themselves in a corner with that name. What if they want to make some birch kits or any of the other choices out there? Drum Workshop is a lot better name than Birch Workshop.
One thing about the MapleWorks name ... I asked, "Are you guys from Canada?" and they told me, "No, but about 90% of people ask us that." :)

They're actually in Maryland.

scarlit

Silver Member
They make good drums. My buddy has a kit. I recorded with it last year. Nice and punchy. The pricing isnt that bad either.