Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
I ran into So Cal Mike numerous times today.

I'll type up a formal post and post more pictures after the weekend.

Remember, the DrummerWorld.com meets up is Saturday, 12 noon at the Ludwig booth!

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
I know I am not getting any.
Gong drums and Octabans excluded -)
I don't know, I kinda like them when they're all mic'd up. Put some black dots, pinstripes, ec2's or performance 2's on them and you get that great vintage sound. It's a good idea to mix concert toms with resonated toms. Why not?

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
PEARL DRUMS : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike

Attachments

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
OK - this isn't my best shot (I was shooting without a flash doing my best photojournalist impersonation) - but this is a kit that I'd like to own one day. It actually sounded pretty good. Too bad the case cost is probably going to kill me!

Attachments

pcastag

Ha! I've been predicting this for the past 3 years. I'll bet it takes a couple of years of pushing, and some major players to get talked into playing with them, for it to catch on.

Great pics! I love the wood on the Tamas and Sonors! Looking stellar!
If you keep predicting for a number of years more you may eventually be right! I'll put my money on concert toms staying right where they are, dead.

Adam B

OK - this isn't my best shot (I was shooting without a flash doing my best photojournalist impersonation) - but this is a kit that I'd like to own one day. It actually sounded pretty good. Too bad the case cost is probably going to kill me!
I just keep imagining the sounds of different size basketballs hitting the pavement. *boing... boing...boing..*

Artstar

Platinum Member
I don't know.. Those KICKPORT guys look like they are up to something sneaky.. makin' me nervous ! lol

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
from ROB WALLIS:

Thomas Lang - David Garibaldi - Stanton Moore

Danny Seraphine

The Hudson Group Picture:

Thomas Lang - Gil Sharone - Mike Dolbear - David Garibaldi - Paul Siegel - Danny Gottlieb - Rob Wallis - Pat Petrillo - Todd Sucherman - Stanton Moore - Pete Lockett - Jason Gianni - Randy Black - Tommy Igoe - Mark Schulman - Russ Miller - Joe Bergamini

Attachments

Last edited:

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
ACOUTIN CUSTOM : Official Drummerworld NAMM SHOW 2012 Pictorial from SoCalMike
I played these snares and they are AWESOME! They're like DW's Edge snares but in reverse. For some reason they have a better high end and sound really good. And even cooler for us California people, Cooper does all of this in a shop in Huntington Beach! It's nice when there's a custom snare builder right in your own backyard!

They're incredibly expensive, though. But beautiful nonetheless!

Nodiggie

Gold Member
I played these snares and they are AWESOME! They're like DW's Edge snares but in reverse. For some reason they have a better high end and sound really good. And even cooler for us California people, Cooper does all of this in a shop in Huntington Beach! It's nice when there's a custom snare builder right in your own backyard!

They're incredibly expensive, though. But beautiful nonetheless!
He is making my second snare already. Was blown away by these snare drums.