OCDP 7 X 13 Ash/Maple Snare Drum

iwantmemoney

I picked up a used 7 x 13 OCDP Ash/Maple Snare(totally new condition). Have to replace snares, but I love the natural tone it has. I have some hope that it's gonna be a good instrument. Crossing my fingers that after I get the snares right it doesn't choke on a backbeat. I'm not too sure if, in terms of physics of sound, it shouldn't have another inch of depth, like the Steve Jordan. If we're lucky, then it's gonna sound like a drum 5 times the price. Well made. Very good quality, including precision machining, nice throw off, and die cast hoops, I know these are OC qualities, but a lot of people aren't big fans, so I'm gonna find out about it. Open to suggestions of anyone who's had or played one.

Attachments

AJ3000

Silver Member
I can't open the attachments here, but I have had a few OCDP snares, and all of them (with the exception of my 14x4 that wouldn't hold tuning!) were fantastic. I assume you mean proper OCDP not that rubbish the guitar center are pushing now?

iwantmemoney

I can't open the attachments here, but I have had a few OCDP snares, and all of them (with the exception of my 14x4 that wouldn't hold tuning!) were fantastic. I assume you mean proper OCDP not that rubbish the guitar center are pushing now?
I can't shrink it. It does say Made In China...oopsie.There's a photo an a fb page i just started: "darrdarrondrums". I live in Boston. It's definitely a tight looking product. Put the higher quality Puresound snares on. World of difference- whatever was on there was pure#!!!***!

AJ3000

Silver Member
If its made in china, it's the new stuff. Although I used the word 'Rubbish', I don't have any experience with the new stuff, and for all I know it coul be great. We don't get it in the UK! If it sounds cool and looks cool, then it's gotta be a winner!

iwantmemoney

Thank you for your mercy and kindness. It is still my new baby, after all, even though they made it in China. It's got a pretty good crack on it, so will hold me over until I can get the Tama G-Maple SLR 7 x 13. Thanks for the feedback.