Nice drum shop/shops in NYC?

SimpanL

I didn't know exactly where to place this, so if I'm in the wrong place feel free to move it.

Anyhow, I'm going to New York this october and I'm wondering if there are (or well, there really has to be) any good and preferably cheap drum shops over there. I was planning on buying a cymbal, more precisely an 18" crash in the Sabian HHX line (possibly an extreme or an evo). Where I live, a cymbal like that costs around 450 dollars, and I'm quite certain they are cheaper in the states.

So, if anyone's got any recommendations, I'm all ears :)

Thanks!

zakhopper316

Silver Member
o yea dude! we have amazing shops here, First you HAVE to go Steve Maxwells drum shop, best cymbal collection probably anywhere. its between 48th and 49th on the third floor of the high rise. heres the link for perfect directions and if you go on a thursday you just might see me there, also you will most likely see pros there. this is where i surround my self with drum knowledge most often. last time i was there alicia keys drummer and engineer bought 30,000 dollars worth of snares to sample for her next album, ask them about it great story.

www.maxwelldrums.com

the next shop is just right done the street from maxwells its called drummersworld, like this place but with an S. its on the 5th floor i think on 46th? go to the website for perfect directions

www.drummersworld.com

you wont see me there most likely lol. i do go in there every so often to bang on this amazing one of a kind flat ride that is way out of my price range (and probably yours) some alchemist dude made it.

and finally right in between the 2 shops is sam ash nyc, the least of NYC percussion scene similar to your local sam ash or guitar center its on 48th between broadway and 6th ave, thats like sam ash row, the whole block is sam ash. there is also a guitar center down on 14th street, i have only been there 1 time since i have lived here. why go there when you have specialty shops with better prices.

SimpanL

I'll definitely swing by that Maxwell place. I compared prices just for funzies, and saw that a pair of K-Constantinople hats cost 490 USD there. I checked 'em out at my local store, and here they cost 820 USD. Quite the price difference.

zakhopper316

Silver Member
I'll definitely swing by that Maxwell place. I compared prices just for funzies, and saw that a pair of K-Constantinople hats cost 490 USD there. I checked 'em out at my local store, and here they cost 820 USD. Quite the price difference.
yea they have great great deals on craviotto stuff to, especially snares.