New Tama STAR Line?

RobertM

Platinum Member
Have you seen the list prices for these drums??? Think craviotto,yamaha phx,etc. out of this world.they like these drums....a lot!
Official street price of what I've seen, so far, is the following:

Tama Star Drums in 14x18, 14x14, 8x12, 5.5x14 jazz kit = $5300.

That's just under Craviotto kits and more than Sonor SQ2.

The drums sound great, but W O W indeed!

TWerner

Just saw this thread and took a look at the "new" suspension. Seems like all they did was add a floating bar to put a little pressure on the lower hoop. It would be super easy for someone to CNC a clamp on support to clip on any mounting rod for $8, which would do the exact same thing for every suspension mount tom you own.

Or you could simply press on that spot on the hoop while playing and see if it makes any difference. But that test might not help Tama's market share :)

A

audiotech

Wow, look like the two Memphis Drum Shop had are gone already, and they were steep.
I was told that Tama didn't start producing these kits for the public just yet. They had two kits, a bubinga and a maple for demo purposes, plus a half dozen snare drums.These were at one of the Five Star shops I frequent just this past Friday. I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

Maybe Memphis Drums just video taped them while temporarily at their store being demoed and now is taking orders for them.

Dennis

jofizzm

I was told that Tama didn't start producing these kits for the public just yet. They had two kits, a bubinga and a maple for demo purposes, plus a half dozen snare drums.These were at one of the Five Star shops I frequent just this past Friday. I'm not quite sure what's going on here.

Maybe Memphis Drums just video taped them while temporarily at their store being demoed and now is taking orders for them.

Dennis
Could be. I know they did have the one with the 18" kick listed for sale, the maple one, it was at like $5700 or something. You could be right, maybe they just had them listed to give a ballpark price.