New "quiet" drum kit !

jimzo

Can people at the homestead still hear you at all when you play?
Yes, they are still subjected to my crappy playing, but seriously they are less loud than a television or some computer speakers based on ones attack and style of playing/music.
To somewhat offer an answer to your question; when there are opportunities of having no one around to disturb, and it is possible, then you could play at any time in the A.M. if desired.

beatdat

Good stuff! In my opinion, much better than an e-kit, particularly in terms of feel (especially the low volume cymbals) and the general spacing of the drums and cymbals. I pretty much had the same setup at home until I moved everything to our rehearsal space.

Have you considered adding pick-ups to the drums and cymbals?

I notice the low volume splash - what size is it?

And do they make a low volume china?

jimzo

↑
You've got the quiet Zildjian cymbals, but what heads did you use to quiet down the drums?
Yes, as Mr. P has posted.
I have done the research and discovered that Remo does not manufacture 26" heads as they only offer up to 24", but found that Pintech Reaction is very similar in design and am having good results.

....hey!? I'm missing the Zildjian L80 China ! :-O

wildbill

Platinum Member
You've got the quiet Zildjian cymbals, but what heads did you use to quiet down the drums?

jimzo

After some hard thought and a little help from several DW members I think that I may have made a very good decision :-D
Contemplated financing e-Drums and with similar funding this was more of a sound choice and conducive to my needs.
It is soo great that I can have a full acoustic kit to practice on that pretty much mirrors the other kit at the studio.
Everyone is happy at the homestead without any law enforcement at the front door. Just got to get it out of the middle of the Living room, ha!