New Forum at a standstill?????

johnwesley

Silver Member
Is it just me or are there fewer new posts since the changes were made? Seems every time I log in, I see the same stuff. There also seems to be no removal or designated move to the netherworld for posts that receive few views, and/or very minimal comment.

..There also seems to be no removal or designated move to the netherworld for posts that receive few views, and/or very minimal comment..

Was that ever the plan, to remove posts/threads with little views or comments..?

Because by coincidence i read a very old thread last week in the technique section (about David Garibaldi if i remember correct) in which the thread starter also 'complained' a little that not many people seemed interested in his work, which also contained some transcriptions, because almost no replies..

Then there was a member saying, that no matter the amount of replies, the thread starter can be assured that there will always be quite a few people who will see and use or try his ideas/work to study and maybe benefit from that..

And, i agree with that..

Huh....Here I was thinking posts were picking up.

For awhile there it seemed really dead prior to the change.

Someone should look at the stats. They would show it.

It does seem a little slower but not desperately so.
I used to be a long time member of another forum that effected a change. However the difference with that one was that everyone had to re enrol. The system didn’t work properly, people couldn’t get onto the forum, within weeks the momentum had gone and traffic slowed up to a standstill.
I’ve just googled the forum now to see when the last post was made and was shocked to find that the top search result says that the forum is now closed and to keep in touch using the social media channels. Really sad, it was the first forum I joined but there was no point I staying a member because nothing was happening. All that’s changed at Drummerworld is the presentation, I don’t think the forum change itself has put anyone off.

Seems like on the weekends this place is almost at a standstill.

Wait!.... We're supposed to wait until break time?!

I must have missed that memo......

:p

Wait!.... We're supposed to wait until break time?!

I must have missed that memo......

:p

I'd be here more during the day but I'm way too busy. It's lunch now...

So at this moment there are 19 members on. Tomorrow and Sunday will be much less. I always figured it was because y'all were getting ready for a gig or recovering from one.

Huh....Here I was thinking posts were picking up.

For awhile there it seemed really dead prior to the change.

Someone should look at the stats. They would show it.
I agree. The old forum slowed down. Things seem to be percolating here, now. Not at full volume tho.

I'm with the opinion of the OP. Things do seem to have slowed down considerably on this forum. But it's not just here. The other two forums that I belong to have slowed down, with one becoming almost deserted. I don't believe the reason for this is summer or any kind of seasonal effect. I'm convinced that the cause is Facebook Groups.

Facebook has groups (often several for each subject) that are hopping with activity. As you would expect, some of these groups have populations that teeter on the edge of illiteracy, but others have some renown experts of the drum industry - new and classic. These guys are a treasure trove of dependable information (often with cited references), and that's what attracts me to those particular groups.

So, that's where I think our audience has gone. I don't think it's a result of format changes or any other intrinsic fault of the individual forums (except for one, which I will not name). Facebook is huge, and people can be entertained not only by their specific interest group, but by news, entertainment, politics, music, and movies - and all on one site.

GeeDeeEmm

Downtime always hurts any website, and no knock at all against Bernhard, but the changeover took a couple of minutes. We might have lost some people who got out of the habit of tuning in just that quickly.

I know I'm busier in general during the summer, and I just picked up a new hobby that cuts into my online time. But that's just me.

I haven't been on a quite a while actually, and I like the new changes a lot.

I popped in again before the changes, but before that it was a long time since I was on. Maybe even a couple years.
Just seemed to be a lot of the same stuff from newer people that cycled in over a(nother) 5 year span I guess.

I'm with the opinion of the OP. Things do seem to have slowed down considerably on this forum. But it's not just here. The other two forums that I belong to have slowed down, with one becoming almost deserted. I don't believe the reason for this is summer or any kind of seasonal effect. I'm convinced that the cause is Facebook Groups.

Facebook has groups (often several for each subject) that are hopping with activity. As you would expect, some of these groups have populations that teeter on the edge of illiteracy, but others have some renown experts of the drum industry - new and classic. These guys are a treasure trove of dependable information (often with cited references), and that's what attracts me to those particular groups.

So, that's where I think our audience has gone. I don't think it's a result of format changes or any other intrinsic fault of the individual forums (except for one, which I will not name). Facebook is huge, and people can be entertained not only by their specific interest group, but by news, entertainment, politics, music, and movies - and all on one site.

GeeDeeEmm
Ugh. Facebook is not good (eg. Cambridge Analytical). And it attracts those who don’t care about that. That said, does it have the functionality this forum software does?

Back