Need Your Ideas for an Upcoming Drum Product...

walterallred

If you are brand new to the drums or just beginning, this thread is for you.

I'm currently writing a lesson plan for a drum lesson product I'm developing and would love your input. If you could answer any or all of these questions it would be greatly appreciated:

What questions do you have as a beginning drummer?

What lessons do you want to learn?

What do you like/dislike about beginning drum lesson videos you have already watched?

What kind of personality do you look for in a drum teacher?

Again guys and girls, thank you so much for your time. I really look forward to hearing what you have to say and implementing your ideas into my upcoming drum lesson product.

rolaball

As I've only been drumming for four months I definitely come under the beginner label , as for questions the only thing I seem to have difficulty with at the moment is when I'm playing to songs and where the other drummer places his crashes and rides in a song .

Nearly every drum lesson I ever watch doesn't break the song down enough into separate parts for the harder pieces , or they play too fast for me to grasp what's going on , or they don't repeat the part enough . Also showing separate sticking of the snare and cymbals and toms on their own would be good to break down songs .

The best teachers are the ones who have a laugh as well , because a few are way too serious .

walterallred

As I've only been drumming for four months I definitely come under the beginner label , as for questions the only thing I seem to have difficulty with at the moment is when I'm playing to songs and where the other drummer places his crashes and rides in a song .

Nearly every drum lesson I ever watch doesn't break the song down enough into separate parts for the harder pieces , or they play too fast for me to grasp what's going on , or they don't repeat the part enough . Also showing separate sticking of the snare and cymbals and toms on their own would be good to break down songs .

The best teachers are the ones who have a laugh as well , because a few are way too serious .
This is all really great input. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and make my product that much better!