Need some help on drum set

M

meSSican

I got a new drum set about 3 weeks ago and noticed a couple things that i am unsure of.
1. inside bass drum small piece of wood has lifted up near reso side
2. on 3 of the 5 drums there are small imperfections in the wood kinda like small holes that are on the bearing edge.
3. hair line gap about 1/2 inch long on one of the plys on bearing edge.
4. there are 3 tiny pinholes in wood on bearing edge.

Now i dont know anything about drums so im not sure if this is passable or uncommon.
the kit is a ddrum duo fade maple kit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

witchcraftery

I got a new drum set about 3 weeks ago and noticed a couple things that i am unsure of.
1. inside bass drum small piece of wood has lifted up near reso side
2. on 3 of the 5 drums there are small imperfections in the wood kinda like small holes that are on the bearing edge.
3. hair line gap about 1/2 inch long on one of the plys on bearing edge.
4. there are 3 tiny pinholes in wood on bearing edge.

Now i dont know anything about drums so im not sure if this is passable or uncommon.
the kit is a ddrum duo fade maple kit. Any help is greatly appreciated.
sounds pretty bad to me, especially the wood in the bass drum. It shouldn't be peeling like that, man. I'd say call ddrum and try to get a refund, and then switch brands. Ddrum is notorious for this stuff.

M

meSSican

yeah i read alot of bad things but seemed like i heard alot of good things too. I contacted them im just waiting to hear back. I want to give them a chance to fix it before i try to get a refund. I was just not sure if that was common or if i am being too anal.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
If nothing else, take, or send them back. That is not right for new drums regardless of brand.

M

meSSican

i agree.............. i want a new set i am just waiting for them to step up to the plate. If worse comes to worse i can send them back to the place i bought them.
Just sucks that im a new drummer and gung ho about drumming and now i hit this.