Need opinons please

belairien

Silver Member
I own a sound percussion 8 piece kit, but i have only been playing it as a 4 piece recently, and i find it more comfortable that way. and i am also looking into buying a new kit.

I was wondering if it would be better to sell this kit and apply the money i get from it towards a new kit, or sell what i am not using and apply that money to heads/sticks/or cymbals.

If i sell what i don't use then it would be one 22 inch kick a 10 and 13 inch rack tom and a 14 inch floor and snare. (i have a better snare than the original) and would people want to buy the odd leftovers?

Thanks in advance :D

DanJacobs

Hi Belairian,

I would suggest the best thing to do would be to check out ebay completed listings for the exact same kit as you want to sell - this should give you a pretty good idea of the value and then you can decide from there.

Personally i'd go for a completely new kit but if monies tight then good drum heads are a must as you're only playing skins/air so pretty important.

Best of luck

Dan
http://www.dansdrumlessons.com
The Online Drum School

Rock Drummer

If i were you I would sell the whole kit and buy a really nice kit, otherwise you will only have 2 so-so kits, and what good is that. Then you can save up extra money to buy more/new/nicer cymbals or sticks or heads, etc. If you have the money, look into the pearl masters line. That stuff is top of the line and I love mine, but you have to order 6 months in advance, because it comes from japan

dairyairman

Platinum Member
i'm not so sure people are going to pay much for odd leftovers from a used sound percussion kit. you could try ebay but don't get your hopes up too high. i'd try to sell the whole kit if i were in your position.

Drumolator

Platinum Member
i'm not so sure people are going to pay much for odd leftovers from a used sound percussion kit. you could try ebay but don't get your hopes up too high. i'd try to sell the whole kit if i were in your position.
I agree with this. Afterwards, you can buy something better.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Obviously, if you sell the entire kit and buy something better, you're going to have to spent money out of your own pocket. So that should be your deciding factor above all else.

I agree with dairyairman, almost no one is going to want to buy some random Sound Percussion drums, unless you sell them ridiculously cheap.

Spreggy

Silver Member
OK, so you've been playing it in a 4 recently, but what's to say you're not going to want to go to 5,6,7 or 8 the next time you see a video of someone doing so, know what I mean? You're a drummer, you're probably going to want to go and and down in kit size a million times, it's what we do. I think you should keep the versatility and keep the kit intact, and when you're ready to upgrade, do it. You'll also find out that life as a drummer is much easier with a spare kit around, so keeping this baby in the practice room forever is really not a bad idea. That's only a $500 kit brand new, how much can you really get for the various pieces?

belairien

Silver Member
Thanks for the input everyone :D

I knew that selling the odd parts would be a bad idea but for some reason it popped into my head last night and wouldn't go away.

As for keeping the kit, i know i wont use the extra parts, because i am fed up with them, they only get in the way no matter what i do, and i don't have the space to store them else where.

So i am looking for a 4 piece, or a 5 that's a 1 up 2 down set up. I will also be moving soon, and wont have room for an 8 piece as it is.