need help choosing new hats

im getting some new cymbals this week but cant decide on which hi hats i want.
i play rock/ type music in my band which is starting to do more gigs so i really need to upgrade from my craptastic zildjian scemitars. ive been looking at zildjian k custom dark hats and the a custom new beats and they both sound sweet but if anyone knows any other hats that would go well with the music i play that would sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

witchcraftery

I lol'd.

HHX Groove Hats, or look at 15 or 14" A new beat. I own a pair of 1971 A New Beats and they are killer. Love the versatility. I personally hate A custom hats for anything other than straight rock... but that's just my opinion. Go hit them all and find out what you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lol'd.

HHX Groove Hats, or look at 15 or 14" A new beat. I own a pair of 1971 A New Beats and they are killer. Love the versatility. I personally hate A custom hats for anything other than straight rock... but that's just my opinion. Go hit them all and find out what you like.
haha lol i didnt even notice that i wrote that lol. oh well ill just leave it.
yea i think thats what im gonna do just spent a good couple of hours chillin in the drum shop listning to hi hats.
thanks

Drums&Beer

Wow Simitars, that takes me back it time some. I remember having a couple Simitar crashes and an Amir ride when I first started playing.

You should check out http://www.cymbalsonly.com

Tony actually records every cymbal he sells so you can hear it before purchasing. Even if you don't buy from him, his site offers very accurate recordings of a lot of different models. I have purchased several Bosphorus pieces from him and I have not been dissapointed once.

Cheers

razorx

Platinum Member
If you are sticking with zildjian look at the regular A new beat hi-hats. I think they sound great. You could always get a pair of paiste 2oo2 heavy hats too. I think they sound great with everything.

brady

Platinum Member
I'm jumping on the New Beat bandwagon too. Definitely get them. They can do anything. Strong chick sound; great sloshy sound partly open. IMO, they are THE hi-hat sound. Check out the Paistes too. As said below, the 2002s are great too. A little different sound though. Most Paistes I've heard have a very unique 'chick' sound that it seems only Paiste has... More of a 'chomp' sound if that makes since. I'm not saying it's bad, (in fact I like it), they are just a very consistent and unique sound only to that company.

Best bet is to take your sticks to the drum shop and buy what sounds good to your ears.

hay guys thanks for the help i actually ended up buying some k custom hybrid hats that sound really sweet. it was between them and the new beats. i got a A custom 16" at the same time which also sounds tasty. Thanks