Nathan "Joey Jordison" (Slipknot)

pAiSTeDRUMMER

For any type of metal drummer, Joey Jordison of the amazing Slipknot has been an inspiration to all of us drummers especially from Des Moins, Iowa, not to far away from my home town. Comment and share how he inspired you or why you like him. Please no haters of Joey comment... Feel free to send me a private message if you want some 1 on 1 chat about drums or whatever. KEEP ROCKIN' JOEY!!!

OrangeAgent27

Silver Member
You know how I'd summarize him? He's probably the only rock star that I could say I've bedded better looking woman than. Nothing to back that up, but I think it's probably true.

OrangeAgent27

Silver Member
No reason to get defensive, child. He's just a very highly criticized drummer. You seem to love him with all of your heart and that's okay! Just understand not everyone feels the same. I think JP Gaster is the greatest thing since whatever, but I don't get sad when someone knocks him. I've also never heard of anyone that actually dislikes him, but I digress.....

Charybdia

Wait he influenced ALL us metal drummers? That's new

I feel like the Slipknot/Joey Jordison fan club is trying to spread themselves around. Just like they did for that stupid best drummer of the last quarter century rubbish.

Hercules

For any type of metal drummer, Joey Jordison of the amazing Slipknot has been an inspiration to all of us drummers especially from Des Moins, Iowa, not to far away from my home town. Comment and share how he inspired you or why you like him. Please no haters of Joey comment... Feel free to send me a private message if you want some 1 on 1 chat about drums or whatever. KEEP ROCKIN' JOEY!!!
hmmmm so I guess you'd be jealous if I told you I have a cymbal autographed by Joey???

wa wa wa waaaaaaa

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Just starting a new one! is that against regulation? didnt think so...
2) Common Internet Etiquette

Do not post in all capital letters, do not use large fonts and annoying colors, and please, no animated “smilies.” Do not post the same thing in multiple topics. Do not “bump” a thread to bring it back to the top of the page. Do not create multiple accounts. Do not quote posts that are in obvious violation of the rules and therefore likely to be deleted. Do not post multiple times about the same point or issue. Do not post personal information or contact information, regardless of how easy it may be to find elsewhere.

You may want to read the rules about multiple posts and your attitude will not last around here. best wishes.

H

Hellwyck

For any type of metal drummer, Joey Jordison of the amazing Slipknot has been an inspiration to all of us drummers
Not me

My metal influences were (and still are):

Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
Dave McClain (Machine Head / ex-Sacred Reich)
Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)
Vincent Abbot (Pantera)
Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
Nick Menza (ex-Megadeth)
Gar Samuelson (ex-Megadeth)
Ivan De Prume (Ex-White Zombie)
John Morgan (Senser)
Charlie Benante (Anthrax)
Greg Hall (Sacred Reich)

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Joey Jordison of the amazing Slipknot has been an inspiration to all of us
I wouldn't say that...

To be honest I still don't understand why he was named the greatest drummer of 2010. (hopefully it wasn't one of those obnoxious "of all time" polls)

Joey's over-rated, that's all there is to him.

-Jonathan

Last edited:

Lex

I got no reason to praise him, but no reason to bash him either. He's good for what he does. With Joey Jordison and Travis Barker one's got fans who adore them and think those two are the only ones that matter, and people who can't stand them being so overrated.

They're good drummers, not worth all the hype, but not worth of all the shite either. Joey does what he does well enough that it works for him, and I appreciate that in him (and Barker). Is he an influence? No, quite the contrary.