NAMM 2010 Yamaha Booth

Artstar

Platinum Member
Mike, did you notice those two bottom RTC toms? They look like wraps, like maybe a wmp or something. Maybe not. If they are, they don't list them on the website.

Artstar

Platinum Member
Nevermind. I think it's just the lighting. I believe those are just the solid textured ash, the grey and red.

All of you wood guys how wood you guys rate Indonesian mahogany on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being African mahogany and 1 being Philippine mahogany. I ask this because the rock tour kit is made out of Indonesian mahogany.
Rock Tour is actually made of a mahogany that is a South American variety, known as Big Leaf Mahogany. The seeds are grown in a controlled forrest in Indonesia that is a managed, reforrested resource. It is a hard mahogany that is used in high-end furniture. Philippine mahogany is not a True mahogany, it is Meranti. The wood for RT is a True mahogany.

SoCalMike

Official Drummerworld Photographer
Rock Tour is actually made of a mahogany that is a South American variety, known as Big Leaf Mahogany. The seeds are grown in a controlled forrest in Indonesia that is a managed, reforrested resource. It is a hard mahogany that is used in high-end furniture. Philippine mahogany is not a True mahogany, it is Meranti. The wood for RT is a True mahogany.
Yes Thanks for the info Jim.................