My song writing example

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
In another thread, I was asked if I write. I do, but only a small collection of tunes to date, & most not in a style likely to suit my cover band's originals ambition. Of course, I don't really know that until we try = early days.

Anyhow, here's a scratch arrangement example, still with guitar, more keys, & vocals to be added. Not that you'd want to, but please do not share. Andy.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. I keep waiting for the vocals to start though.
Thanks, of course, it's a foundation / scratch arrangement, other elements to be added. There's a guitar solo element 2:43 - 3:00 that's currently very naked too.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
This is wonderful, Andy. I'm really impressed. Nicely done.
Thanks Larry. Some way to go on this yet, but all the vocal melodies & lyrics are fairly nailed down. I'm not sure how this will go forward. Most likely as a personal project recording, but we'll see.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Wow that's impressive (I love just watching the cool Fired Up blazing logo -I get so many compliments or mentions of interest in my FU t-shirt-you need to make more I've about worn it out) very nice has a bold theatrical flair to it (like a movie soundtrack or story)-as it is presently but from what I read it's just the guts of the song right now? Will it be a ballad? Really nice clean smoothness too it-soft jazz element to it-hope that don't offend you. Nice work Andy-that took some time.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that's impressive very nice has a bold theatrical flair to it (like a movie soundtrack or story)-as it is presently but from what I read it's just the guts of the song right now? Will it be a ballad? Really nice clean smoothness too it-soft jazz element to it-hope that don't offend you. Nice work Andy-that took some time.
Thanks Art. The eventual track will (hopefully) have much more of an edge to it than this, but the cinematic / classical vibe is deliberate. The lyrics are fairly melancholy / dark, & pick up very closely on the existing bass & piano melodies.

I love just watching the cool Fired Up blazing logo -I get so many compliments or mentions of interest in my FU t-shirt-you need to make more I've about worn it out
That's cool to hear Art :)