My song with Dave Weckl, Will Lee and Eric Marienthal available for free

didiermartini

Hello,

I'm Didier Martini, a french amateur pianist. I Produced a song with Dave Weckl, Will Lee, Eric Marienthal and young guitarist Martin Miller some times ago.

i now give the song for free (both for listening and download) and sell for a small amount of money backing tracks and transcriptions of the tune (if anybody would be interested). (yes, there is a drum solo ;) ).

you can listen and donwload the song and see a small video promo here :

http://www.didiermartini.com/archives/252

i would love to have comments about this song by drummers. this song is a free bonus track for an album project that i'm producing since a long time, a tribute to band like Los Lobotomys, Karizma, Instrumental tunes from Toto, Chick Corea Elektric band, Steve Lukather, Michael Landau etc ...

this project is delayed because of health issue (i suffer from an hearing trauma since a long, actually, i can't listen or make music anymore since 2009). but the guests so far on this project are Michael Landau, Eric Marienthal, Will Lee, Jimmy Johnson, John JR Robinson, Mitchel Forman, Benny Gregg, John Pena, and some other very special guests (that i keep secret for now ;) ).

i'm a drums crazy myself (studied a bit of drums before my hearing accident and i had as band teacher the brother of André Ceccarelli, Jean Paul Ceccarelli (who did a tour with Sting in the 80's).

thanks to everybody.
Didier.

Swiss Matthias

Platinum Member
sounds a lot like Dave Weckl's 101 shuffle in my opinion :)!

Sorry for your hearing problems!! Hope your ears (or your brain?) will recover soon!

Thaard

Platinum Member
The song isn't working for me. It says "file not found". The video promo was impressive though.

didiermartini

sounds a lot like Dave Weckl's 101 shuffle in my opinion :)!

Sorry for your hearing problems!! Hope your ears (or your brain?) will recover soon!
hi, yeah, i'm a Jay Oliver Fan(atic), and i worked the rythm and soul instructionnal CD a bit when it has been released, but beleive it or not, when i wrote this song, i never thought about the 101 shuffle tune (yes it's true lol !). i wrote this tune in 2004, Mr Weckl recorded it in 2009, and he didn't told me "hey, it's sounding like my song" lol.
it's the guitar player who finished the production of this song for me in early 2011 who told me that "hey your tune sounds like 101 shuffle" ... but this project is a tribute to all the people who influenced me, and in this influence list, there is , of course jay oliver and dave weckl in the top ten :).

thanks for your comment and hope !! (yes, an hearing trauma is related to a lot of thing, including sound issues, and as well brain disorder, psychosomatism, etc ...)