My Replica of Carl Palmer's Kit

BenjaminCamelot

Usually in my spare time, I like to go fiddling around on the DW Kitbuilder page and just build whatever drum set I'd like to build and today, I thought I'd build my version of Carl Palmer's kit. Note that not everything is the exact sizes and some had to be substituted for other sizes so here are the sizes of everything:

Drums:

6x4 Rata Tom

8x5, 10x7, 12x8, 13x9, 14x10, 15x13, 16x14, and 18x16 Toms

5x14 Snare

20x24 Bass Drum

20 and 22 Gong Drums

Cymbals:

24 Inch Ride

20 Inch (3) Crashes

18 Inch Crash

20 and 22 Inch China

13 Inch hi-hats

6, 8, 10, 12, 14 splashes

This kit is a diagram of my replica, not the real thing.

Disclaimer: This may be in the wrong sub-forum but please forgive me on that but here is the kit I made:

Attachments

Last edited:

Stroker

Platinum Member
That's an expensive kit young chap. DW ownership commands deep pockets, even when considering the most basic of kits.

Dollar-wise, you'd be looking at somewhere in the neighbourhood of $13K (USD). There's approx. $9K in drums alone (Oyster Finishply). Add in expensive 9000 Series DW Hardware and top of the line cymbals, and BAM, you're there.

Choosing an Exotic will set you back another $4K more (approx.)

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Oh, my bad then. I'll go fix it.
So do you have the kit or not?

If it's a diagram of your replica, it's a diagram of a kit that you actually own. Otherwise, it's just a diagram of Carl Palmer's layout...

It might seem that I'm being pedantic but this is quite an important distinction...

BenjaminCamelot

So do you have the kit or not?

If it's a diagram of your replica, it's a diagram of a kit that you actually own. Otherwise, it's just a diagram of Carl Palmer's layout...

It might seem that I'm being pedantic but this is quite an important distinction...
I think I accidentally typed replica instead of diagram but it's far from what I own.