My new Gretsch drums

8Mile

Platinum Member
Hey, guys! Sorry I missed all the recent posts.

No drums yet. I'm taking a "they'll eventually get here" approach so I'm not driving myself crazy with anticipation. One day, hopefully soon, I'll get that call I'm waiting for and it will be a pleasant surprise.

"Our drums." I love it! Thanks for the interest.

Regarding the sizes, they are: 8x12 rack tom, 14x14 floor tom, 14x18 bass drum, 5.5x14 matching snare.

evilg99

Platinum Member
I am finally coming around to the 14" size. It's my favorite depth now too.

Does our new yellow Gretsch bass drum sport a 14" depth?

I have a 22 x 20 DW bass drum, with a burst type finish. It's now pretty much laughable.

I would have to take the middle 6" out and rejoin the remaining 2 pieces, because of the paint job.

I really don't think 20" deep bass drums are going to make a comeback anytime this century.
Well...I've cut down two burst finish bass drums, and honestly you don't really notice that much....it's just that the bass drum will now be a fade instead of a burst. No biggie, I'm sure it will still be a nice finish after the trim. Do it!!

Juniper

Gold Member
I actually come on this thread each time I visit the forum to see if it's arrived and if there are photos.

On another unrelated matter, I've become very accustomed in recent months to the feeling of crushing disappointment, I can't quite put my finger on why though....

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Hey great news Lar.

I'm sure after all the ups and downs of waiting for these drums for all this time....you're probably like yea whatever lol.

KEEF

Finally! The shop contacted me today. They received my drums. They will be shipped to me by the shop on Tuesday!
I expect photo's, a full review and something in the my playing section by Wednesday avo then!!:LOL:
Stoked for you mate - can't wait to see them.

Bonzo_CR

Silver Member
So here we are, Friday...
We have to assume that Larry is having so much fun with his new drums that he can't stop playing to tell us they arrived :)
Let's hope so!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Larry called me and said that he's at the Gretsch factory with a cache of automatic rifles, boxes of ammo, full body armour and I just heard he took some hostages.

He's got a slight grievance and can't wait any longer.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Larry called me and said that he's at the Gretsch factory with a cache of automatic rifles, boxes of ammo, full body armour and I just heard he took some hostages.

Thank goodness he's at the Gretsch Factory. At least his drums aren't being held in Area 51.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member

Sounds like a party, count me in!

8Mile

Platinum Member
Hahaha.

Guys, they just got here this morning! Just been setting them up and i am blown away. Seriously. They are absolutely stunning. Perfect in every way. Shipping went very smoothly, no damage even to the boxes.

And the sound!!!!

I can’t play them much at home, so I’m taking them somewhere where I can have all the time I need playing them. But just a short amount of playing after a quick tuneup and they sound absolutely amazing. The sound I’ve had in my head for over 20 years… it’s coming out of these drums now!

I will have better pictures and video later. But here’s some iPhone photos to tide everyone over. Thanks again for all the interest!