My new Gretsch drums

wildbill

Platinum Member
17 weeks tomorrow. So if they're not here 8 days from now, they will officially be late, since I was given a 16–18 week window.

I am really hoping they're not late. I'm watching my inbox obsessively now, waiting for the good news that they are being shipped!

Thanks for taking an interest!

They forgot to put in the order.

wildbill

Platinum Member
Although stuff like that has happened to me - more in restaurants though, I was joking.

That'd be really bad if it happened with a drum set order.

8Mile

Platinum Member
You guys are cracking me up! (and scaring me a little)

I will contact the shop on Monday.

8Mile

Platinum Member
Oops! Just saw the recent posts.

I'm still anxiously awaiting. I heard from the shop last week and they said Gretsch orders are running a few weeks late. They said one to two weeks more is the new ETA. That was last week. So fingers crossed this time next week I have them!

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I can't take this any longer.

I guarantee you Larry is going to sleep at night with visions of new yellow Gretsch dancing through his head.

Lar, when I was waiting for my drums, I inflated my expectations unrealistically high.

Just keep that in mind.

incrementalg

Gold Member
Oops! Just saw the recent posts.

I'm still anxiously awaiting. I heard from the shop last week and they said Gretsch orders are running a few weeks late. They said one to two weeks more is the new ETA. That was last week. So fingers crossed this time next week I have them!
Wow...Business must be good for Gretsch these days.

8Mile

Platinum Member
Lar, when I was waiting for my drums, I inflated my expectations unrealistically high.

Just keep that in mind.
I hear ya.

Last drum set I ordered, the bass drum arrived with a huge crack through the shell. Damaged during shipping. It took a few more weeks for them to build and send a replacement. It all worked out, but I didn't take delivery of any of the drums until they had a replacement bass drum and I could take all of them home at once.

So I've steeled myself for whatever may happen after dealing all of that disappointment.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Well crap! I keep reading this thread when it's back at the top hoping to see some yellowy goodness. I'm just an observer and the wait is killing me! C'mon Gretsch, make with the yellow drums already!

8Mile

Platinum Member
So no drums yet, but I did get word from the shop that Gretsch has a bigger queue of orders than they've ever seen. Things are moving so fast that they haven't been able to hire and train fast enough to keep up. I'm of course anxious to get my drums, but as a fan of the brand, that's really good news.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
So no drums yet, but I did get word from the shop that Gretsch has a bigger queue of orders than they've ever seen. Things are moving so fast that they haven't been able to hire and train fast enough to keep up. I'm of course anxious to get my drums, but as a fan of the brand, that's really good news.
So, we see fruits of the DW acquisition...nice! CA is getting so expensive, John Good just may have to move into the Gretsch factory to stay competitive!

incrementalg

Gold Member
So, we see fruits of the DW acquisition...nice! CA is getting so expensive, John Good just may have to move into the Gretsch factory to stay competitive!
Gretsch has certainly done a better job with marketing over the past few years than ever before. The quality of drums is outstanding as well.

When Kaman was distributor, Gretsch had a shoestring budget with people within Gretsch wearing multiple hats. For example, the guy designing a drum may also have been helping with marketing, and vendor contacts, dealer contacts and sweeping the Kaman lobby...pretty much anything that was thrown their way. (I know a guy who worked for Gretsch) The way things are going for Gretsch now, it seems reasonable to think DW has helped with budget and resources.

8Mile

Platinum Member
Just got confirmation from the shop that my drums will be finished 6/27 and should be at the shop a few days later.

YES!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Argh, again hoping they are here. We can build 1500+ speaker cabinets in a month at work. What's the hold up? The suspense is killing me!