My New Gong

mmulcahy1

Platinum Member
While I was out today, I stopped by a local music shop just to see if I could find anything I needed/wanted - you know the drill. Well as I'm looking around at the used gear I stop to look at these two drums (bass & rack tom). As I begin to walk away, I just happen to look down and saw this cool 16" Wuhan gong sitting on the floor. I got the little mallet that was with it and struck it a few times - sounded pretty good and it was only $30.00. I figured for that small amount, I might as well have a gong... so I bought it.

The other customers and some of the employees looked at me as if I were crazy. And I couldn't care less, this little guy made me very happy today!!

Gong.jpg

Stroker

Platinum Member
Re: My New Gong!

Righteous! Nice snag! Looks good, too! I've always wanted a gong, maybe one day.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"

Very cool Mitch! I so want a gong. I played a 50" Paiste at the London drum show in 2013. Addicting. I want one, a big one.

Soundfiles please? I'm very interested in hearing your gong Mitch. I could not have passed it up for that price.

Seafroggys

Silver Member

Hey, for that cheap, why not?

I got a gong last year, have no need for it but its a gong. You have to have one.

Stroker

Platinum Member
Man, I had a listen to your video yesterday but overlooked replying. Many thanks for it! Sounds crazy good!