My new band....

Arky

Platinum Member
Derek, oddly the link in this thread doesn't work for me (I get a "This video doesn't exist" message) - but it does work from the post in your main thread.
EDIT -> It's working now!

Checking out your new band now - the guitar riffing has your Serpents Rise trademarks. I'm sorry it's not you playing the guitars - because you tend to completely avoid powerchords (I couldn't live without them, haha - wishing to be more creative) to create bizarre soundscapes while your new guitarist uses them a lot, just like it's supposed to be in metal in general.

Curious to learn what your new band sounds like once it's complete, with the vocals in place.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
sounds great, Derek. Can't wait to hear the whole thing with vox. What heads are you using these days? BTW, how can I play double bass that fast in 2 weeks? Lol, just kidding, keep up the good work.

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Cheers Arky. Looking forward to getting this out.

sounds great, Derek. Can't wait to hear the whole thing with vox. What heads are you using these days? BTW, how can I play double bass that fast in 2 weeks? Lol, just kidding, keep up the good work.
Rock on brother,
Heads...I'm using Ambassador X on everything except kick drums (which have P3s)

As far as getting that fast in 2 weeks....there are these shoes that's perfect for that...............

Haha.

D

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Derek, great to see you're striking out with new stuff, & no doubt, breaking new ground. Your music is completely lost on this old fart, but I'm tuned right in to the skills on display. What I struggle to comprehend, is how effortless & "organic" your blast beats are. They slip into the vibe almost unnoticed, whereas with most players I see, they jump out at you - & not in a good way. how the hell you metal guys get that left hand playing that fast, that consistently, & on the kick beat, is beyond me. For a hack like me, syncopated/alternate to the bass drum, less challenging, but on it = no way.

Anyhow, I wish you a bucket of luck with your project.

drumhammerer

Silver Member
Cheers Arky. Looking forward to getting this out.

Rock on brother,
Heads...I'm using Ambassador X on everything except kick drums (which have P3s)

As far as getting that fast in 2 weeks....there are these shoes that's perfect for that...............

Haha.

D
Derek Roddy signature shoes? Cool, sign me up, LOL! And, I'm also using those Ambassador X's on my vintage kit, and I'm digging them. A bit fatter than the regular ambs., yet still sensitive, with more durability. Ever try the good ol black dots? Those are sweet as well, although my 16" floor tom resonates for days with that head on there.

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Derek, great to see you're striking out with new stuff, & no doubt, breaking new ground. Your music is completely lost on this old fart, but I'm tuned right in to the skills on display. What I struggle to comprehend, is how effortless & "organic" your blast beats are. They slip into the vibe almost unnoticed, whereas with most players I see, they jump out at you - & not in a good way. how the hell you metal guys get that left hand playing that fast, that consistently, & on the kick beat, is beyond me. For a hack like me, syncopated/alternate to the bass drum, less challenging, but on it = no way.

Anyhow, I wish you a bucket of luck with your project.
Ha...thanks Andy. I guess I got where I am being focus on sound rather than speed. Of course, you have to play fast but, I was more concerned that it sounded the way I wanted first. Like anything else...just takes time.

Thanks for the props...creating music (any kind of music) sure is fun.

D

Derek Roddy

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Derek Roddy signature shoes? Cool, sign me up, LOL! And, I'm also using those Ambassador X's on my vintage kit, and I'm digging them. A bit fatter than the regular ambs., yet still sensitive, with more durability. Ever try the good ol black dots? Those are sweet as well, although my 16" floor tom resonates for days with that head on there.
Yeah, I've used the Black Dot before. They do have a unique sound. Been awhile since I've used em....might have to break out a set. Haha.

D