My first text published in Canadian drum magazine, Drums Etc.

renardvert

Silver Member
Hey guys!

I'm proud to show you my first text published in canadian drum magazine, Drums Etc. Go take a look on pages 28 and 29, it's called "Practicing Efficiently". I share tips on getting more out of your practice sessions. I'm quite happy as it is my first text to appear in a publication. I have a few more that are coming in Modern Drummer magazine so stay tuned.

http://drumsetc.ca/v25-n2/

I hope you'll enjoy that reading.

Thanks!

Daniel

www.danielbedarddrums.com/en/

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Good read, and great advice. Practicing things you cant do seems so obvious, but I don't think I have ever actually seen it written down.

Getting into MD would be really cool. That's about as big time as it gets. Congrats on getting published, hopefully there are many more articles to come.

renardvert

Silver Member
Hey thank you very much! Practicing things you can't do might seem obvious to some people but it is something that a lot of drummers don't do enough. I try to always go for stuff I'm not comfortable with so that I always improve. It is usually the hardest road to take but it is also the one with the most rewards. I remember when I first started practicing things at a really tempo, it was really hard at first and I couldn't go through a single exercise but now, it feels much better and I can groove at 40 bpm. It has definitely improved my accuracy and articulation and I'm glad I went for that road. And latin drumming is not my forte so this is also something I work on these days.

I'll keep you posted when the stuff in MD will be published.

Thanks for reading!

Good read, and great advice. Practicing things you cant do seems so obvious, but I don't think I have ever actually seen it written down.

Getting into MD would be really cool. That's about as big time as it gets. Congrats on getting published, hopefully there are many more articles to come.