My first full length album recording

Plague

Hello friends,i have my first full length studio recording on this friday/weekend,we have decided to record our tracks playing live in the studio mostly for financial reasons.We have played our songs over and over again but i am getting a bit anxious considering some parts that i am not sure yet about some fills and details.My question on the community is that if you improvise at all in the studio or do you have everything prearranged.

Thanks in advance,peace!

Juniper

Gold Member
Hello friends,i have my first full length studio recording on this friday/weekend,we have decided to record our tracks playing live in the studio mostly for financial reasons.We have played our songs over and over again but i am getting a bit anxious considering some parts that i am not sure yet about some fills and details.My question on the community is that if you improvise at all in the studio or do you have everything prearranged.

Thanks in advance,peace!

It's good that you have played the songs over and over, do you know if the engineer/producer will be asking you all to play to a click track?

Maybe this is something also to keep in mind if this hasnt come up to ensure you are all comfortable with a click- if this is something that may be asked of course either in advance or after some 1st takes on the day.

I never work out every single part, I make sure I have the into/outro and main beat’s worked out, plus any fills I deem crucial to the structure of the song/changes . I’m very comfortable improvising sections just as long as I know in advance where those sections are.

Good luck and enjoy it! Let us know how you get on.

Plague

It's good that you have played the songs over and over, do you know if the engineer/producer will be asking you all to play to a click track?

Maybe this is something also to keep in mind if this hasnt come up to ensure you are all comfortable with a click- if this is something that may be asked of course either in advance or after some 1st takes on the day.

I never work out every single part, I make sure I have the into/outro and main beat’s worked out, plus any fills I deem crucial to the structure of the song/changes . I’m very comfortable improvising sections just as long as I know in advance where those sections are.

Good luck and enjoy it! Let us know how you get on.
Hey friend,thanks for your response.We will record on a click track,we have already did many rehearsals with the click tracks on each song.Today we was setting up the drum set and the rest of the instruments.Such a great feeling i can't describe it,many in this community of course understand what i mean.I have a great vibe for tomorrow!