My Band's EP... Opinions?

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Re: My Band's EP... Opinions???

Really cool band, and good song writing very decent singer.

There's a tiny bit of rushing and dragging on the first song (take my hand) and it doesn't always sound full but the 2nd song is pretty flawless (chosen potion).

It's a bit nostalgic I guess. Good luck and have fun with it.

dtrushr30dw

I like the second song, "Chosen Potion". It sounds like electronic drums were used.. I could be completely wrong. How did you record the drums?

smithy78

Thanks very much for the feedback! Really appreciate it.

The drummer was miced up using vintage mics, not sure on the specifics. Then recorded to tape. I know what you mean though, they do have an interesting sound. I think the producer compressed them quite a lot. Maybe a bit too much in my opinion.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
It has a very Jack White feel to it. I like the song compositions. Everything has a very vintage feel to it while still remaining relevant. Nice job.

smithy78

Thanks man, that's a great comment for us to hear as we all love Jack White, and we also want a vintage sound, without sounding like a throwback band!

poika

Silver Member
Sounds pretty good here!
On some parts I wish the drumming would be slightly more straight forward, but I'm as guilty of adding unnecessary extra stuff and fills than the next bloke so..

Nice job all around!