musician's friend

warrier1

Has anyone ever purchased any drums from them, there prices seem pretty cheap just wondering if anyone has thinking about purchasing some stuff, wanna know if its worth doing thks

That Guy

Platinum Member
I personally have never purchased anything from M.F. but I do know that about 30% of the poeple that I have spoke with who ordered from them had one or more negative comments, ranging from improper packaging, damaged equipment, wrong equipment shipped, extremely late delivery etc. I'm not against them by any means I'm just letting you know what I have directly heard from close associates. I'm sure others are going to praise M.F. for thier wonderful service.

It's smart to ask and base your decision on personal expeiences of those who have been down that road.

remoking

I personally have never purchased anything from M.F. but I do know that about 30% of the poeple that I have spoke with who ordered from them had one or more negative comments, ranging from improper packaging, damaged equipment, wrong equipment shipped, extremely late delivery etc. I'm not against them by any means I'm just letting you know what I have directly heard from close associates. I'm sure others are going to praise M.F. for thier wonderful service.

It's smart to ask and base your decision on personal expeiences of those who have been down that road.
Lol, as he said, "I'm sure others are going to praise musicians friend"...

I've ordered numerous times from them over the years, and it hasn't ever taken them more than 3 - 5 days, standard shipping. In fact my orders usually get here on the third day without any problems. Great site to order from.

rmandelbaum

Platinum Member
I ordered an expensive leather stick bag, I decided I did not like it and they took it back no questions asked.

LM201

I never order from them anymore. Every cymbal I have purchased ended up with either a gash in it or a crack. It's ridiculous.

I only order from massmusic.net now, their prices are cheaper anyway

mrchattr

Gold Member
I have never had a real problem with them, but the few times I've contacted their customer service, the attitude has been crap. Not bad enough to not deal with them, but there are other sites with comparable prices. I always recommend Casico Interstate Music in the past. First of all, they have a lot of gear that simply can't be found elsewhere, including Musicians Friend. Second of all, well, here's a story:

I ordered a cajon from them. It came, and there was a big hole in it (and the box...clearly a problem at UPS, not from them). I called, told them, and they said, "No problem, we'll get a new one out to you, and send you a return label to get that one back to us." Cool. About 5 minutes later, I got a call. "Mr. Rossi, we are out of stock of that cajon, and it shouldn't take too long, but it will be a little while." I was annoyed because I had gigs and a recording session scheduled, and told them so (without being rude). The guy says, "Let me call you right back." Not five minutes later, he calls again. "I spoke to Meinl, and explained your situation. They are shipping the first one to come off the line after I call out to you today, overnight." Sure enough, the next day, a box was waiting from Meinl. None of that cost me an additional cent, and then they called to make sure I got it the following day. THAT is customer service.

LM201

Yeah I don't like how they only ship UPS.

With massmusic I can call up, place my order and ask them to ship FedEx

N

nhzoso

I have ordered 2 cymbals and a few odds and ends and have never had a problem. Now Massmusic on the other hand.. well lets just say the customer is not always the 1st priority.

drumguyfromWI

Has anyone ever purchased any drums from them, there prices seem pretty cheap just wondering if anyone has thinking about purchasing some stuff, wanna know if its worth doing thks
I got my new Gretsch Catalina Club Mod shell pack from them for a really, really, good price. and they have good customer service, too.

I usually tend to get cymbals and small stuff like sticks and heads through my local music store - cymbals becuase all cast cymbals sound different, even same brand, same series, same model, same size. so I need to try my exact cymbals before buying. and I get heads and sticks there because it's just easier when I need them right away.

but I usually get almost everything else from Musician's Friend becuase their prices are lower than my local music store.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I ordered my first drum set, The Blue Taye, from them and they were shipped on time and in great shape. I have since bought many an item from them. They even sent me a 15% card at one time for being a good guy. I have never had a problem with them.

I got my current drum kit as well as 2 of my guitars from MF; never had anything but good experiences with them. They even sent me some free lugs when I e-mailed them that the threading was bad on one from my floor tom.

Also ordered from MassMusic.net once. Also very good service, just personally don't like their website.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I like MF but if I'm going to order online I always check Cascio first (interstatemusic.com). They're almost always the cheapest you can find. I usually bring their catalog into Guitar Center with me and force them to beat the lowest price by 10%, if I need something fast.

Der Februar

I never order from them anymore. Every cymbal I have purchased ended up with either a gash in it or a crack. It's ridiculous.
Yeah, it must be there fault, not the cymbal makers or yours, because you both actually handled it, so that wouldn't make any sense.

LM201

Yeah, it must be there fault, not the cymbal makers or yours, because you both actually handled it, so that wouldn't make any sense.
I doubt Paiste will let out two high end cymbals with two gashes in them and expect them to go unnoticed. And I certainly don't go around scratching up my cymbals or a screwdriver.

I blame MF because they only ship UPS, who treat all of their packages like crap. With massmusic I have the choice to call in and ask for a different shipping company.

Morbid Koala

Why aren't you using the local music store? At least give them first shot to beat the online mega-giants prices. If they decline, then go for it.

The local drum store I frequent is happy to beat any online or Guitar Center price. They want your business so it behooves them to do so.