Moving countries with a band. Possible?


Senior Member
I'm just curious as to what the protocol would be if a drummer (or any band member really) was asked by an international band to join them.

Is it possible to relocate and become a citizen of the other country if the band is suitably high-status.
Last edited:


Pioneer Member
You would probably be better off with an artist visa through an arts organization or university. I think a work visa would be tough to attain unless you had an established, salaried position. I lived in another country with one of my bands for a while, but we didn't get visas. We just crossed the nearest border in order to maintain "tourist" status after 3 months.