Midi-Sheet Music I need your help!

Diet Kirk

Silver Member
Morning all,

Some of you may already be aware (and be sick of it by now) that I'm getting married in October. As a surprise to me future wife I've written a fun little song that my wedding band are going to learn and play.

The band in question are a New Orleans style brass band consisting of:

Drums
Tuba
2 Trombones
2 Trumpets
Sax

I've written the track in cubase, but the guys in the band need the 'dots' in order to get to grips with learning it. I've tried to get to grips with the cubase score function, but it just outputs messy nonsense for the most part!

Can any of you lovely people help transform the midi file attached below into sheet music I can send on to the band?

midi file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd0ky8tx64coiz2/Vegetables%20Horn%20Midi.mid?m=

mp3 file so you can hear the track
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9jhzqpjsm2kkw8/Vegetables%20mixdown.mp3?m=

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Hello mate.

I put the MIDI file into MuseScore (free notation editing program) and exported it as a PDF and as a music XML file - which should be a standard format. I hope it's right, I can't guarantee that it's done it perfectly.

I'm really not sure if this has followed key naming conventions properly but it's a start, at least.

I'll sort out sending them to you... too big to upload onto this forum.

Diet Kirk

Silver Member
Hello mate.

I put the MIDI file into MuseScore (free notation editing program) and exported it as a PDF and as a music XML file - which should be a standard format. I hope it's right, I can't guarantee that it's done it perfectly.

I'm really not sure if this has followed key naming conventions properly but it's a start, at least.

I'll sort out sending them to you... too big to upload onto this forum.
Thanks a lot mate, this is much appreciated. I've pm'd you too :)

The stuff cubase output was bizarre. Pressing play and following the notes on screen, nothing seemed to make sense. Not that I would say I'm adept at reading music but I know enough to spot that it seemed to be all over the shop. I also couldn't get it to ouput the full song in pages either.

Having just learnt messing with midi and recording stuff, looks like I need to add basic notation reading and score writing to my list of things to do!

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I've always found DAW score output to be... questionable, at best.

Hope all goes well with it. I think I ought to learn how to write score again...