Metal Band in need of Drum Advice

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Wow I am impressed. What a brilliant job you drummer folk have done at finding my talkbass account and my youtube channels. I guess the joke's on me because I didn't think anyone from Talkbass would have a drummer forum account. And to answer all of your questioquestionsns yes my drummer did put me up to this. Also I am not really an ass hole in real life at least i hope.
...and he comes clean!

Yes, a few of us play more than one instrument. Surprised? I play a number, badly...

Otto

Platinum Member
DUDE!!

WHOOOOOoooooo....

<<otto looks around with a vacant confused look, pinky and thumb protruding hand forgotten in the air>>

whooooooo....uh...<<whispers>> what???

Guru Drums

And to answer all of your questioquestionsns yes my drummer did put me up to this. Also I am not really an ass hole in real life at least i hope.
Ok, bait partially taken ;)

Get your cowardly bin basher on here so we can rip the crap out of him :)

Damn, just realised, I posted under my drum company trolling alias :(

Hollywood Jim

Platinum Member
Wow I am impressed. What a brilliant job you drummer folk have done at finding my talkbass account and my youtube channels. I guess the joke's on me because I didn't think anyone from Talkbass would have a drummer forum account. And to answer all of your questioquestionsns yes my drummer did put me up to this. Also I am not really an ass hole in real life at least i hope.
Yeah it is kind of weird how drummers can be smart like other musicians..... LOL

PortlandBass77

opentune

Platinum Member
We have a huge show coming up at the Skintany on the CINCO DE MAYO (the most METAL day of the year!) and we would invite you to attend. It will be rocking. We even have this band 5 Finger Death Punch opening for us.
Oh ya baby! ...Cinco de Mayo is SO the most metal day of the year. Metal is totally entrenched in Latin American history.

I was thinking only a One Finger Death Punch could open for you.
I am guessing you are a Folk Metal band, you know the one with trolls

A very entertaining thread indeed. please leave open.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Troll...yes,but not so brilliant.I wouldn't follow this guy through the door way into his own home.Sorry boy,you'd be out of your depth in a parking lot puddle.:)

Steve B

Power Tom

Hi, so you have probably heard of me, I'm the lead guitarist of the METAL band DickWicked, and I have a couple of questions for all of you wonderful drummers out there. So the drummer of my band just isn't metal enough, so I would like some recommendations on how he can be more metal, such as what sticks to use, how many more kick drums we should buy (he currently uses 2), the best places to install spikes to his drum set, how to keep him and bassist from collaborating, ect. Also feel free to suggest other alternatives but they probably won't be used unless they make me look good. Also does anybody know of reflective covering for a drum set? I want the shine of my guitar to resonate around the stage, not get lost in the dullness of drums.
Hi Freddy. Of course we know you - the legendary Freddy Van Shaven, shred meister of Dick Wicked. Ive been a fan of your band since the "Bald Sack" album back in '89.

Im not sure why you think Jonny Baldridge isn't metal enough. He was one of the first to use two bass drums, c'mon man! He is getting on a bit, just put speed in his Jack & coke and he will be up for it. Worked for Lemmy.

As for his collaboration with Billy She-ham, I couldn't possibly comment. What they get up to in the bus is their business I guess.

Why not buy yourself another guitar to take your mind off it?

keep it simple

Platinum Member
It's always good to be broardminded so nothing would supprise you.
Builder by trade eh - no wonder he's confused by the term "collaboration" :) Perfect! Plenty of spikes available in different sizes (nails), lots of ply sheeting to knock up extra bass drums. Plastic sheeting to prevent the "dullness" of the kit soaking up his awesome guitar reflections - JOB DONE! (Oh sorry, how could it be a job completed, he's a builder ;)

Arky

Platinum Member
About me

i am a builder by trade, i live in carmarthen, but recently moved from london i am a dj and music producer. i love going out raving, mainly free underground parties. i am broardminded and nothing supprises me.........
It's always good to be broardminded so nothing would supprise you.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Does his band even exist? I couldn't find anything on Youtube. Searched the name, but also included search tags such as "metal guitar god" with no success ;)
No, I googled "DickWicked" and only 3 things came up, this thread and the two on talkbass. There was also Dick's Wicked Good Coffee, and everything else that contained the words dick and wicked had ........ between them. I am shocked that no adult sites came up.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Funny, I found the OP over on talkbass pushing a thing called bandnamemaker.com in two different name my band threads. Any guesses what the second name on his list is? In both cases I might add.

Not even smart enough to troll with a different screen name...
Does his band even exist? I couldn't find anything on Youtube. Searched the name, but also included search tags such as "metal guitar god" with no success ;)

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Funny, I found the OP over on talkbass pushing a thing called bandnamemaker.com in two different name my band threads. Any guesses what the second name on his list is? In both cases I might add.

Not even smart enough to troll with a different screen name...

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Finally some good advice and good to meet a fan on here.
& you really understood Pocket's post to be sincere advice + from a fan?

If you're really after genuine advice (which I doubt very much), perhaps you'd like to explain/expand on your concerns about the drummer "collaborating" with the bassist. They're the rhythm section FFS - collaborate is exactly what they need to do to elevate you beyond your current minor deity level.

Arky

Platinum Member
What's with all the hate? And how can you delete a thread? I thought stuff on the internet is permanent. That's why I never give out my social security # or ****. Like once some guy emailed me saying he is the former financial adviser to the president of Jamaica or something and that he would mail me millions if i filled out his form. Off course I didn't because I thought everything on the internet is permanent but did I make a mistake? Is it too late to fill out that form?
In a way you're correct. The admins could delete the thread right away but it would still be "there" - you'd have to refer to the CIA/NSA to read the thread but it wouldn't be on this forum any longer ;-)

As for the 'hate': You know, some things are _really_ related to the music. Some things are - trivial unimportant crappy non-adult vanity. Drop it! Just focus on the music, forget about bling bling effect on stage, spikes and all that crap. Go learn your instrument, find corresponding musos and have fun. And maybe grow up some more. Think of it this way: In 10 years of now, will you be able to be proud of what you've been doing in retrospect or might you be ashamed of the lack of immaturity? It's your choice...

PortlandBass77

You sound VERY troll indeed.
And I was just a click away from deleting your thread...
You really made a weird first impression.

BTW, what is a "true metalhead"? One who thinks that he's a guitarist in a metal band that everybody has already heard of? Or one who gives a crap on his drummer and bassist collaborating? Or who cares about reflective covering of the drumset so he'd have his awesome guitar reflecting all over the stage?

Damn, I'm so glad I'm no "true metalhead"...
What's with all the hate? And how can you delete a thread? I thought stuff on the internet is permanent. That's why I never give out my social security # or ****. Like once some guy emailed me saying he is the former financial adviser to the president of Jamaica or something and that he would mail me millions if i filled out his form. Off course I didn't because I thought everything on the internet is permanent but did I make a mistake? Is it too late to fill out that form?

Arky

Platinum Member
Just ask your drummer to join this forum and let him do the talking. Or aren't you collaborating with him so you'd never tell him?