Memory Lane......

Red Menace

Platinum Member
My father in-law does the exact same thing. Sweet fro' BTW.

Just noticed that we have 4 drummers from AZ posting in this thread. Anyone else thinkin' that I'm thinkin'? We should have our own Southwest meetup. Forger those eastcoasters and their Guru drums and those LA cats with their NAMM. We should all meet up for tacos and beer, maybe go drop in on Jim and his band's open mic night.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Here's a band I was in in 1991. The drums were a house kit I played on at the time, with 24" kicks and 13/14/18 toms. Also LM400 snares. We won a battle of the bands this day, if I remember correctly.

Attachments

tamadrm

Platinum Member
My father in-law does the exact same thing. Sweet fro' BTW.

Just noticed that we have 4 drummers from AZ posting in this thread. Anyone else thinkin' that I'm thinkin'? We should have our own Southwest meetup. Forger those eastcoasters and their Guru drums and those LA cats with their NAMM. We should all meet up for tacos and beer, maybe go drop in on Jim and his band's open mic night.
There you go.You guys could meet up at the saloon in "Old Tucson" over Marguritas and some Mexican food.:)

Steve B

dmacc

Platinum Member
Some cool pictures being shared.

For whatever reason I have nothing on photo until about 1985 that I can find. That leaves about a 9 year gap from when it all began.

But before me, here's some of my Dad as a kid playing with some other family members around 1941 and in the army in the 1950's...

View attachment 59537

View attachment 59539

View attachment 59538

This is from around 1985 on some cheapie Tama Swingstars
View attachment 59544

This is from around 1988 on my Gretsch Broadcasters
View attachment 59543

This is from around 1989 in a studio with Recording Customs
View attachment 59545

Last edited: