Mardi Gras/Confetti Finishes

somedrummer

Gold Member
Hard to tell from that little picture what it really looks like.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to rewrap it right is the hard way. Strip the old wrap and put on some quality replacement, glued to the shells. But if you did buy it already, I'd suggest trying a small piece first to see if it's easy to remove, if you decide you don't like it.
Correct on both counts. If you want to do a high quality wrap job, I recommend finding a nice wrap from someplace such as Precision Drum (great company) and doing it right.

I also wanted to say that I love the question on the Ebay page:

Ebay said:
Q: is this stuff shiny?
A: Hello; Yes, it has a glossy surface. Thanks, Dennis

criz p. critter

Silver Member
Hard to tell from that little picture what it really looks like. You probably won't know if you like it until you actually lay a big piece up against your drums.

More important than the look of it though, IMO, is the product itself. From reading the description it sounds kinda fishy to me. He calls it a "hi-bond film". That's sounds like it's pretty thin, like it could be nicked or cut too easily. And he says it won't change the sound of the drum, but I think any sticky-back film applied over an old wrap would change the sound.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to rewrap it right is the hard way. Strip the old wrap and put on some quality replacement, glued to the shells. But if you did buy it already, I'd suggest trying a small piece first to see if it's easy to remove, if you decide you don't like it.

T

trkdrmr

wow...35 views and no one has anything to say about this finish?? Maybe I shouldnt have gotten it.
It probably means that no one has the finish. The closest finish I have seen, (IIRC) is a Sonor black sparkle on a force series kit. That looked cool.