Mapex Saturn IV

lowdowner

OK, so I'm thinking about a Mapex Saturn IV Exotic 5 shell pack. Mostly because a) I want the extra floor tom and my current drum maker (Odery) is saying October at the earliest for a new FT! and b) they look stunning and I'm that shallow (yup.. I really am!). Not to mention the great reviews.

Has anyone got an opinion on these - I'm a relative newbie so I'm not in a position to know if Mapex is well thought of, and if their gear is well made...

Thoughts?

lowdowner

Thanks to the overwhelmingly positive advice on this forum, and against my better financial judgement, I finally ordered a spanking Mapex Saturn IV Exotic 5 piece in satin black with a Black Panther Machete snare. Now I have to wait up to a week for delivery. That's going to be a long, long, wait!

Dodeska

Thanks to the overwhelmingly positive advice on this forum, and against my better financial judgement, I finally ordered a spanking Mapex Saturn IV Exotic 5 piece in satin black with a Black Panther Machete snare. Now I have to wait up to a week for delivery. That's going to be a long, long, wait!
Ooh nice. You won't regret it!

keepitgreen

I've got the Black Panther Blade, the Machete's little brother, and it's awesome. I almost went with the Machete, but for some reason the sound of the Blade attracted me more. It's gonna look amazing with those satin black Saturns. Can't wait to see pics!

Dodeska

I've got the Black Panther Blade, the Machete's little brother, and it's awesome. I almost went with the Machete, but for some reason the sound of the Blade attracted me more. It's gonna look amazing with those satin black Saturns. Can't wait to see pics!
I almost got a Blade as I thought they sounded great, but then was lucky enough to pick up a 6 month old Panther for the same price as a new Blade. The Machete's are a superb drum too. I'd be happy with any of them TBH!

lowdowner

So, as promised... Arrive Friday and a long weekend later I've stopped long enough to take a few shots... :)

Congrats on your new Saturn's they are great drums, I have had my IV Granite Sparkle kit for almost a year now ( 22'' , 12'', 14'' and 16'' ) and love'em more everyday ! lots of compliments on the sound, and look of the kit.... enjoy !! :)

lowdowner

Here they are - 10", 12" rack toms, 14" and 16" floor toms, 22x20" bass, and a machete snare for good measure (oh, and TRX drk 16" crash, 18" ride and hats, and Sabian HH raw bell 21" ride and 10" china)... My newest pride and joy :)

Attachments