Manchester Drum Show - pictures & video

porter

Platinum Member
You can find them for a decent price at Cymbalism Music (based in Hawaii). I was thinking of getting a little 16" Classic Crash myself, medium-thin of course. maybe dark.

http://stores.cymbalismmusic.com/amedia-cymbals/
That's more like it... but they don't have the line I was looking at (D-Series). Oh well.

I tried to, but the salesman completely ignored me and only spoke to my male companion, even when he tried to tell him that I was the prospective client, so I didn't bother.
That's super disappointing :(

Bruce M. Thomson

Gold Member
Thanks for the pics & audio. Interesting to see some brands that I am not familiar with.
Your drums have a great sound for sure, love the tuning on the toms and the kit overall.

Cheers

keep it simple

Platinum Member
Thanks for the pics & audio. Interesting to see some brands that I am not familiar with.
Your drums have a great sound for sure, love the tuning on the toms and the kit overall.

Cheers
Thanks Bruce, & good of you to chime in.

That tuning was very much on the fly. I finished assembling the drums the day before show setup, so had zero time to tune them up & get used to them (you know how that love affair takes a while - right?). Planning any tuning for the three kits was kind of pointless anyhow, because the show venue was a big sports hall, so all reflection & spacial loss. I spent literally a few minutes on each kit, winging it really, mainly crank them up a bit from assembly tensions, & left it at that.

If they can sound good in that kind of environment, they can sound good anywhere ;)

Anon La Ply

Renegade
This brings back memories :) Andy, the stand looks as polished and classy as always. Pretty well common knowledge here how good the Gurus are. I hope you had lots of extra hands for the lug out.

Dean is looking extremely healthy!

Duncan, it seems like you always manage to stop smiling enough for a photo to be taken. In my mind, I remember your smiling face but you're scowling in almost every photo :)

The Echo kit is a cool sculpture - not designed for moving, except by masochists.

keep it simple

Platinum Member
This brings back memories :) Andy, the stand looks as polished and classy as always. Pretty well common knowledge here how good the Gurus are. I hope you had lots of extra hands for the lug out.

Dean is looking extremely healthy!

Duncan, it seems like you always manage to stop smiling enough for a photo to be taken. In my mind, I remember your smiling face but you're scowling in almost every photo :)

The Echo kit is a cool sculpture - not designed for moving, except by masochists.
Cheers Grea :) Duncan, myself, & Dean for the load in & out. Yes, Dean looks great in that photo, & happy too (Duncan, take note :) Echo racks are certainly visual.